This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

The University of Arizona is iconic for it’s exquisite sunshine, raging pool parties and having gorgeous gals all over campus. This being said, Tucson’s year-round beautiful weather leaves no time for us girls to hibernate our workouts, even in the Winter.

Each beautiful lady at the UA has a different body type, metabolism and life schedule. This can influence how one girl works out from the next. To get an estimate of how the lovely ladies at our school workout and how often, I decided to conduct a survey. The survey consisted of 10 simple questions regarding one’s personal workout regime during the course of a week. After surveying 76 girls from the UA, this is what I found…

The majority of the girls I surveyed said they typically workout 2 to 4 days a week (a whopping 53%).  About 22% of the girls claimed they manage to exercise 5 to 7 days a week and roughly the same amount confessed they didn’t work out regularly.  With this information in hand, lets see how these babes of the UA workout weekly.

Time

How long does the average UA girl spend per workout? Based on my findings…

30 minutes to an hour: 47%

1 hour to 2 hours: 38%

More than 2 hours: 4%

Does not workout: 11%

Location

Where do these babes like to workout? Based on my findings…

UA Rec Center: 51%

Gym (personal, dorm, apartment): 41%

Run Cross Country (around neighborhood, etc): 4%

Sports (either on a team or recreational): 4%

Cardio Workouts

How many days do these beauties do cardio workouts in a typical week? Based on my findings…

1 to 3 days: 43%

3 to 5 days: 26%

5 to 7 days: 13%

Do not do cardio workouts: 17%

Favorite Cardio Equipment

What is the favorite workout machine these gals prefer to sweat it out on?  Based on my findings…

Elliptical: 45%

Treadmill: 38%

Stairmaster: 11%

Stationary Bike: 7%

Weight Training

How many days do these ladies weight train in a typical week? Based on my findings…

1 to 3 days: 40%

3 to 5 days: 19%

5 to 7 days: 4%

Does not weight train: 37%

Workout Playlist

What type of music do these UA girls hit the gym to? Based on my findings…

Pop: 44%

Rock: 5%

Country: 8%

EDM: 15%

Heavy Metal: 4%

Other: 24%

Why Workout?

Why do UA girls workout? Based on my findings…

To lose weight/ burn fat: 37%

To tone up/ get or stay in shape: 53%

To gain muscle/ bulk up: 1%

Does not workout: 9%

Satisfied?

Are these beauties satisfied with their workout routines?

Yes: 57%

No: 43%

Body Image

How many of the girls surveyed are happy with their current bodies? Based on my findings…

Yes, they’re happy with their body: 25%

No, because they are overweight: 22%

No, because they are underweight: 3%

No, because they want to be in better shape: 50%

It is no surprise that the girls of the University of Arizona like to engage in regular exercise, but now we know just how they like it!