This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Let’s face it. This part of the semester sucks. There is so much going on: midterms, papers, jobs, internships, and pressure from family to make plans fro the upcoming holidays. It’s a crazy time, and many of us forget to take care of ourselves. Because of this, many people feel stressed and overwhelmed. This affects so many attributes of our lives in a negative way. Below I have come up with some simple ways to reset and recharge your battery to get you back on track.

When is the last time you got together with your girlfriends?…That’s what I thought. Here’s an idea, call the girls up for a night of DIY spa treatments. Try this avocado face mask, any of these rejuvenating hair masks or a homemade sugar scrub to wash away all that stress and boost that confidence. All of these DIY treatments can be made with friends in any dorm, and is easy on the wallet. So, why wait? Give it a try and make it an excuse to catch up with your friends!

Not into spa treatments, no worries. Try a yoga class! Attending a yoga class is an excellent way to take some ‘me’ time to reset your mind and body. Not only does yoga provide a physical outlet to stretch out those stiff muscles from all that studying in the library, but also provides a healthy mental outlet in a peaceful place. Just be sure to leave your cell phone behind. AU offers many yoga classes at a variety of times, so do yourself a favor and drop by. It is free for members, and $9 for a drop in class. 

Lastly, I have found that when I am stressed and frustrated with school, getting off campus can be a major relief. Sometimes this is as simple as heading to a local restaurant with a few friends, other times it is heading to your favorite park or coffeeshop. Do whatever works for you. There are so many places to explore in the DMV Metro area, so use that U-Pass, and get out there! 

I hope that some of these ideas will help to recharge your battery to set you up to end the semester on a high note. But remember, these are just suggestions. Do whatever works for you to help you relieve stress. The most important thing to keep in mind during this time of the year is to take care of yourself physical, emotionally, and academically.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3