This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Her Campus American is proud to partner with our on-campus Health Promotion and Advocacy Center (HPAC) to promote student health and wellness. During HCAU’s general meetings on Thursday, our members will be assembling personal health packages to donate to HPAC. These packages will contain Just organic tampons, Garnier hair products, Mark Kay face products, condoms, and lube. These packages will be available (free of charge) in the HPAC office in Hughes 105!

Middle Finger Butt Feminism Angry Mad
Molly Longest / Her Campus
HCAU’s mission is to empower all people’s voices and foster an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We strive to develop a powerful platform of authentic experssion on which they can freely use their voice and passion in a variety of ways. HCAU leadership and membership are very passionate about wellness, sexual health, emotional health, and mental health, which is why we are so proud to partner with HPAC, an organization that is passionate about empowering and engaging in the same topics.

The mission of the American University Health Promotion and Advocacy Center is to “provide students with wellness resources, to promote healthy lifestyles, reduce high-risk behaviors, and offer a safe, non-discriminatory environment”. Above all, HPAC aims to educate, empower, and engage with AU students, faculty, and community. HPAC “promotes dynamic health programming, wellness consultations, and victim advocacy services at American University. [They] have a commitment to student-centered initiatives in which we partner with and empower students to take charge of their own health and lives at AU and beyond. [They] foster connections with AU and local DC community organizations to provide the most comprehensive scope of care and immerse students in experiential health learning”.

Stay tuned for an in-depth article on HPAC’s interworkings and educative objectives. 

Sources: 1, 2

Photos: Her Campus Media Library

Hannah Andress

American '21

Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus American. Currently an undergraduate student at American University involved in the Global Scholars program studying International Studies and Arabic. Preferred gender pronouns are she/her/hers. Her interests include national security, women in politics, international human and civil rights, and creating an impact that is long-lasting and sustainable.
Wyatt Foster was raised in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She is in the Global Scholars program at American University where she is studying International Studies with a focus on Identity, Race, Gender, and Culture. She took a gap year in 2018 with Global Citizen Year in Pambal, Senegal. Wyatt enjoys traveling, gardening, writing, reading, languages, and music.