This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

A few weeks ago I had one serious hankering for a smoothie. Disappointed by the lack of fresh fruit smoothie options on campus, I chose to buy a personal blender for my dorm. This has by far been one of my best decisions since coming to college. My sudden obsession with smoothie making has lead me to discover some of the yummiest and healthy smoothie recipies that the internet has to offer.  

1. Blueberry and Kale

One of my personal favorite things to put in smoothies is kale! There’s so much nutrition in kale, and it tastes good in smoothie form. For the blueberry and kale smoothie, simply put any amounts of these things in:

-Blueberries

-Kale

-Greek Yogurt (If you’re allergic to dairy, Wholefoods sells a really good almond milk yogurt)

-Honey

-Chia Seeds

-Ice

2. Berry-Yogurt

Berry smoothies are a classic, especially when you’re craving a fresh tasting drink. For a good berry smoothie, use these ingredients:

-Blueberries

-Strawberries

-Blackberries

-Yogurt (if you want it to be even more berry flavored, use berry yogurt)

-Ice

3. Strawberry-Orange-Banana

This one is great if you’re sick or trying to avoid getting sick, especially if you live in a dorm! 

-Strawberries

-Orange Juice

-Banana

-Chia Seeds

-Ice

4. Spinach and Peanut Butter

This one is a personal favorite after a workout since there’s so much protein involved.

-Spinach

-Peanut Butter

-Banana

-Strawberries

-Chia Seeds

-A scoop of Protein Powder

-Ice

5. Berry-Almond 

One of my favorite snacks is almonds and strawberries, so one day I decided to mix these things into a smoothie. It’s honestly so good that I have to share it!

-Strawberries

-Plain Greek Yogurt

-Shredded Almonds

-Honey

-Chia Seeds

-Ice

6. Strawberry Banana

Another classic smoothie option is strawberry and banana, or even blueberry and banana.

-Strawberries (or blueberries)

-Greek Yogurt

-Banana

-Ice

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I'm a freshman at American University (Class of 2020) currently studying International Relations and Arabic. I love clothing, cats, and photography; I also throw knives as a hobby.