This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Brace yourselves, finals are coming! Finals can be such a stressful time of year, from multiple tests, projects, reports, presentations, etc. Whether you have been studying periodically or cramming at the last minute, we came up with this list of tips and tricks to help you out!

• Study ahead of time. Procrastination has never helped anyone. Do yourself a favor and remember to start studying ahead of time. Don’t leave everything for last–especially if you have a lot of finals. A helpful tool to use is Excel! Using the template, “Track my Tasks,” you can have an interactive visual representation of what you need to do. Plus, you have the satisfaction of entering in 100% complete.
  • Alternate courses you study. Try alternating days of studying, with one class you enjoy with another class that you don’t like too much. This way, you don’t get burned out in one subject.
  • Establish a study schedule! It is important to establish a schedule, because being organized will help you stay on track. The schedule will also give you time to hang out with friends and relax. We all know the familiar feeling of being burned out on school, and that’s the last thing you want during finals.
  • Keep up proper hygiene. Shower, eat, and drink lots of water. Getting a good night’s sleep is hard if you are a college students, but with your new study schedule, you should be able to rest blissfully knowing you at least tried. If you don’t remember the last time you drank something not coffee or energy drink related, maybe buy a water? Please shower, we beg you.
  • Remember to have some “Me time.” Don’t forget to take time for yourself. Studying is important, but you can’t burn out yourself. Read a book, go to the movies, exercise, do yoga, go to the beach, whatever helps you out!
  • Limit computer time. Try not to use your computer for long periods of time. Alternate between the material on your computer and printed copies. This way you can avoid constant headaches or blurry vision.
  • Limit social media. At least try to spend a limited time on social media. Being on your phone in the library does NOT count as studying. We are sorry, but it’s true.

Follow these study tips, and you’re sure to do your best. Don’t get too caught up in finals, because once you’re done, summer is finally here! Good luck on finals!

Mariely is a PhD student in School Psychology at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. She loves spending time with her family and their dogs named Gabo and Bebo. Mariely is always practicing sign language, reading, crafting, writing, watching movies or blogging! You can find her under a pile of books on her Instagram.
Albizu Her Campus