This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

My first midterms were filled with sweat-inducing anxiety dreams, and papers that kept me up well past a decent time. With midterms here, Halloween isn’t the only scary thing lurking at your dorm room door. It’s easy to forget about actually taking care of yourself, while you fend off that GPA monster and appease your professors one paper at a time. So in the spirit of Halloween and all things good in this world, let’s settle in, put on a mask, and grab a treat, all while we take a deep dive into this survival kit.

1. Gol Bars

Between prepping for assignments, writing, having a social life, or a job, it’s easy to “forget” to eat. Forget isn’t even the right word here. You just put off eating because you’re too busy with “important things”. You may be superwoman, but even she needs a good meal every day.

If you don’t have time for a “real meal” grab a granola bar and eat that. They ’re tasty, portable, and energizing. The Gol Bars I got have 12 grams of protein each (they’ll fuel your essay fire), and come in some sweet flavors, literally. I’m partial to the chocolate sea salt one (can you blame me?), but they’re both pretty decent.

2. Frank’s Red Hot

Whoever put this together really knows the way to a gal’s heart, because Frank’s Red Hot is as essential as water in my books. I once saw a guy bring his own to the dining halls and immediately started planning the wedding. Needless to say, I love some hot sauce. So if the granola bars aren’t keeping you energized and alive, I suggest grabbing some hot sauce and drinking it. If you’re not me, maybe try putting it on your food like a real human.

3.  Garnier Skin Active Micellar Clear Skin Water

Taking care of yourself also means taking care of that glowing skin. I wash my face on the daily and moisturize.  I am also lazy. I wish I could say micellar water was the hot sauce to my skin, but it isn’t. I’m too sensitive for it to work. I break out using this, but my sister swears by it. In the end, it all depends on your skin type. Just remember to do something for your skin.

4. Buxom Big Tease Mascara

In the world where I wear makeup, this would be on my list. The aforementioned laziness prevents me from being the girl with a great brow and a done face every day. The mascara is mascara and makes you feel pretty. It makes you feel put together. It boosts your confidence even if no one sees you. So if you’re trying to keep your head up and makeup is your thing grab that tube of mascara and have bomb lashes.

5. Skintimate 2 in 1 Shave Cream and Skin Conditioner

I may not wear makeup, but my legs always feel like baby dolphins. I love a silky leg, not because it looks cool, but I think it feels great. I also feel much more put together. I also have super sensitive skin, which can make shaving a rough experience. The 2 in 1 definitely helps reduce the razor burn or post shave bumpy feel I usually have, which was surprising but welcome. It’s something I will definitely go back to in the future.

Midterms can be stressful, but you will survive. Thankfully I got to take a break this year. Throw some good stuff on my skin and good food in my body which definitely helped curb the midterm madness.

Mads Romines

Alabama '22

Alabama native, Mads passes her time playing guitar, studying engineering, and obsessing over tattoos. Her love of Game of Thrones may be new, but her passion is unmet. When it is Alabama Football season you can find her screaming in the stands or in front of the TV. A Blount Scholar and Engineering student, Mads aims to become the worlds most prolific eco-home business woman the world has yet to see. You can find out more on her Instagram page: mads_romines