This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Dixieland Delight is an old tradition here at The University of Alabama; one that was taken away from us in 2015 due to “offensive language.” Not only students but Alabama fans, in general, wanted it back. We even sang it acapella at games during previous seasons in rebellion. And, on October 2018, we got our wish – Dixieland Delight returned to Bryant-Denny Stadium.

We packed into the student section like sardines, and everyone awaited the Alabama song to play. The usual crowd who fled the stadium after the second quarter sat firmly in their seats. Until it finally began. We got out our crimson and white shakers and sang along proudly. The stadium rang as the song played through, and a loud cheer sounded at the end. We were happy to bring back Dixie.

Experiencing Dixieland Delight in Bryant-Denny Stadium for the first time was surreal. I’ve heard the song and sang the song, but doing so in BDS with 101,820 other people is something I will never forget. The atmosphere leading up to and during the was like any other Alabama game I have been to.

For those of you who weren’t in attendance, here is what you missed out on.

I am from North Carolina.I am currently a junior majoring in Marketing at UA.
Alabama Contributor