This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

1. Stay on a schedule for eating:

By doing this everything else in your life will stay in place, and eating on a schedule is good for your body.

2. Work out:

If you don’t like going to the gym try downloading a workout app. They are extremely helpful and give you ranges from cardio to strength.

3. Snacks:

If you are craving something between meals try granola bars, fruit, or veggies. They are a better alternative than chips and other unhealthy foods.

4. Take the stairs:

Try taking the stairs more often. If you have a class on 3rd floor try walking up the stairs. Doing this gives you a goal to accomplish once a day and can make you start to feel healthier.

5. Drink. More. Water:

Every celebrity says their secret to clear skin and a good body is drinking water.

6. Keep track of those 8 hours:

Sleeping for 8 hours will keep your body revived and keep you functioning.

7. Make time for yourself:

This one is for mental health. Make time to do things you enjoy and by doing this you’ll be happier.

8. Do laundry often:

Wearing the same pair of leggings everyday is okay, if you make sure to wash them. Stay hygienic so that you’ll feel better. Plus, laundry detergent smells amazing.