Wellness > Mental Health

Ex-presso Your Feelings: Best Feel-Good Starbucks Orders

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Self-care is one of the most important things when it comes to maintaining your mental health. Whether that’d be taking a bath, watching your comfort tv show, or even taking a nap;  to me, self-care is anything done with good intentions. The intention is to relax, destress, and appreciate the achievement of overcoming just another day. One of my personal favourite forms of self-care is coffee. Specifically, Starbucks. 

For me, having what I like to call “an emotional support drink” helps me throughout my day. I have something to keep me energized as well as a reason to take myself on a nice walk to Starbucks. I can take my time to get dressed, take a little walk there, and grab my drink with ease while enjoying the relaxing environment of a warm little café. 

Starbucks is one of my favourite places to go when I need to destress. The comforting environment of a cafe with gentle music overflowing from the speakers, the warm, toasty, smell of coffee beans, and pulled shots of espresso. The foamy, cloud-like peaks of sweet cold foam poured over the top of a beautiful caramel latte is heaven itself. Everything about the atmosphere of Starbucks is enough to make me feel rejuvenated and calmed down from the stressors of everyday life. Starbucks has a fantastic menu filled with a plethora of delicious drinks to choose from with tons of customization options. For a newcomer or someone looking to explore more, the menu can be challenging. So, here are some of my favourite drinks to get when I’m in need of some self-care coffee. This list also includes some non-coffee drinks if you aren’t a big fan of coffee! 

Venti iced white mocha
  • Add sweet cold foam 
  • Add caramel drizzle 

10/10. It’s sweet, decadent, rich, and definitely a feel-good coffee order. The mocha pairs perfectly with the caramel drizzle, it’s a great choice for you if you’re not a fan of bitter or strong coffee.

Venti iced shaken espresso
  • 3 pumps of caramel syrup 
  • Add caramel drizzle 
  • Almond milk 

8/10. This drink is more on the stronger side, not too sweet but definitely not too bitter. It has a great balance of coffee to flavouring. You can definitely choose any milk that’s to your liking, however, I find that almond milk makes this drink ten times better. Plus, this drink forms a super pretty gradient before being mixed.

Venti mocha cookie crumble
  • With white mocha instead of the regular mocha 

10/10. Feels just like drinking an oreo! I love this drink when I’m looking for “coffee in disguise.” It’s sweet, has lots of crumbly and crunchy pieces, and is perfectly chocolatey. 

Venti iced black tea lemonade
  • Add peach juice
  • Light ice 

10/10. Perfect for when you want a break from standard coffee, it’s super refreshing and the tea isn’t too strong. The peach juice adds a great twist to it, perfect for a sunny day! 

Venti blended strawberry açaí lemonade

9/10. This drink is one of the best summery drinks in my opinion. I love how slushy-like it is while also keeping the flavour of the strawberry lemonade. My only critique is there can be a little too much ice.

Venti strawberry crème frappuccino
  • If you’re not feeling up for coffee, ask for this drink to be made with a crème base! 

11/10. This drink is super sweet, and reminds me of a strawberry milkshake but is even more flavourful. Extra point for being one of the cutest drinks ever! It’s super pink and has lots of strawberry inclusions within it.

These are some of my personal favourite treasures from Starbucks. It always feels like a little treat for me whenever I get one of these drinks and sit down to enjoy life for what it is. What I’ve realized is, it’s the little things that matter and make us happier. There is no “wrong way” to take care of yourself and treat yourself to something you deserve. There is no wrong time to do self-care, regardless of what your day looks like and what challenges you may face. Self-care will always be waiting for you with a warm smile and a big hug. I find my comfort in simply getting myself a drink and sitting down to enjoy a great book or scrolling through social media. While this seems like an everyday task to others, it’s an everyday task that gives me a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. 

Reward yourself, you are what matters the most. 

Vince Labban

Adelphi '26

Hello, friends! My name is Vince and I'm currently a freshman at Adelphi University. I'm a psychology major and criminal justice minor. I love coffee, playing video games, listening to music, creating art, and writing stories. Some of my hobbies include photography, drawing, creating Pinterest boards, and cooking.