Why St. Patrick’s Day is Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Why St. Patrick’s Day is Great

1. Drinking

It’s pretty obvious, but St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect excuse to get super drunk in a fun themed way with all your besties. Make any drink remotely Irish-sounding or green in colour and it’s undoubtedly going to be downed. It’s the best night out of the year, especially when it falls on a weekend like it does this year. Get your shot glasses out gals, woooohoo!

1. It’s Fun!

You don’t need to take yourself too seriously. It’s not about looking super glam and being nervous about bumping into your ex. St Paddy’s calls for you to throw on the one item of green clothing you have in your wardrobe, a ridiculous novelty hat, and some face paint/glitter. Get yourself to a bar, never mind your lashes!

1. Good Vibes

Everyone is keen. It’s a fact! There’s just such good vibes no matter the time that you get out or where you are, everyone will just be there for a good time. So if you’re swithering on whether to go or not, stick on some B*Witched and get yourself in the mood – you won’t wanna miss it.

1. Fav Shots

There will be an endless supply of baby Guinnesses. You know those delicious little shots made from Irish cream and coffee liqueur – they have one night and St. Paddy’s is their time to shine. No matter where you are, order one of those little bad boys and you’ll be off to a good start. That one’s a promise.

1. Busy Bars

The clubs, bars, and pubs are packed! Meaning no matter where you end up, you’ll have a great night. I can just picture it now: dancing with a group of fun-lovin’ gals, chatting at the bar to your new found bestie, even cheering on your gal pal for having a cheeky kiss with an Irish honey. If it’s going to happen, it’ll happen on the seventeeth.

I hope you all have the best and most drunk St. Patrick’s Day of your life! Get your green face paint out and your dancing shoes on!

Happy St. Paddy’s!