Welcome to The Committee Shannon Dharmaratne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Shannon Dharmaratne

Position on the committee: Social secretary 

Year: 4th

Studying: History

Next, on our ‘Meet the Committee’ series we have our gorg party animal Shannon.

HC: Hi Shannon! So, we’re here to find out a little more about your likes, your dislikes, and your University experience. How are you feeling?

Shannon: Excited, fire away!

HC: Okey dokey, so let’s start with how you’ve ended up here in the first place. What attracted you to join HCAU?

Shannon: I’d been living in a place with 3 boys, so I joined HC to open myself up to a wider circle of girls in the hope to make some more pals

HC: Successful?

Shannon: Oh- 100%!

HC: Glad to hear that! So you’re at the end of your University experience now going into fourth year. What would you say you miss most and least about your first year at Aberdeen?

Shannon: Most is definitely the nights out. I mean, we were so carefree and totally clueless. 10pm would pass and an impromptu night out would be on the cards, plus your 9ams were basically a sober up sesh where you try to piece together the night before. In my case I realised me and my flatmate had booked a random holiday to Prague. The thing I miss least has to be the washing machines at Hillhead. They used to drive me crazy! Always breaking and I could never find my laundry card.

HC: Prague?! That’s hilarious. Would you say you’re a travel bug or home bunny?

Shannon: I cannot wait to start traveling. I have so many plans to travel next summer after graduation and the excitement is real, but I can’t deny nothing beats your own bed.

HC: I couldn’t agree more. Have you got any highlights from this summer that you’d like to tell us about?

Shannon: Highlight for the summer has to be my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. Sounds dull I know, but it was a big surprise… everyone flew over and made such an effort. Plus, there’s never a dull moment when my Grandad and gin are involved. Add a bouncy castle to it and it’s safe to say there were some sore heads the next day.

QUICKFIRE QUESTIONS

Big night out or cosy night in?

Oooo can’t I be both? Love a cheeky snuggle but only if there’s wine ?

Movies or Documentaries?

Movies… My degree is basically a long documentary

Pizza or pasta?

Carb overload!! Love me some pasta.

Favourite Aberdeen night out?

Has to be pro super Sundays because they’re always so unplanned! Although, busting shapes on Tuesday at carwash are always a good time too.

HC: Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to us Shannon! We can’t wait to see what events you have planned for us this term. To round everything up, how would your friends describe you in 3 words?

Shannon: *laughs* Oh umm probably loud, fun, and honest but brutal!

Photos: Shannon’s own