alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Welcome to The Committee Katherine Price

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Welcome To The Committee: Katherine Price

Name: Katherine Price

Age: 23

From: Swansea

Degree & year: 4th Year French and Hispanic Studies

HCAU position: Editor

When and why did you decide to join Her Campus and run for a position on the Committee?

I joined last year, initially, I was scared to join because I didn’t know anyone in the society but now I’m older and wiser, I try not to let that fear get in the way of doing things! Everyone was so lovely and friendly I instantly felt part of the gang! I’m so excited to be an editor this year as proofreading is second nature to me after 4 years of university. It’s also something I would love to do after uni so I thought it would be a great learning experience.

You were travelling this summer! How was it, and where did you go?

I spent half of my 3rd year studying in Alicante so I went to visit my friend, who met her boyfriend there and decided to stay! I could talk about my year abroad until the cows come home, but it was genuinely one of the best things I have ever done. If you have the opportunity to study abroad, then I promise you won’t regret it! It’s a great chance to travel and make friends from all over the world. It’ll also make you appreciate your home comforts (mainly supermarkets being open on Sunday).

You are a 4th year student now, would you like to give any advice to younger students?

I think I’ve learned not to take things too seriously. There’s a lot of pressure on students these days and I think it’s so important to enjoy the university experience while it lasts. Sure it’s important to do well academically, but it’s not worth sacrificing your sanity! I would say just enjoy yourself and make the most of the first couple of years while you can still stomach 10 VKs!

What would your perfect day be like, from the start to finish?

I would love to have a long lie in where I can eat avocado toast in bed. I love YouTube so I would probably binge watch my absolute favourites Patricia Bright, Imogenation and Elle Darby for a while. Then I’d invite all of my friends over and we would get ready at my flat to go into town for dinner and (endless) cocktails!!

Quickfire

Ice cream or chocolate?

Chocolate 100%

What’s your star sign?

I’m a Taurus

Movies or TV series?

I would say TV series, but more specifically documentaries. I love all of Louis Theroux’s documentaries, as well as anything true crime.

Night in or a night out?

It’s a hard one, but I’d have to a say night i, because I need a week’s notice to prepare myself for a night out.

If you could only use one piece of make-up, which one would it be?

It would be between mascara and my Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz. I think I would choose mascara because my lashes are non-existent!

So there, we have it! A little insight into one of our lovely editors.

Photos: Katherine’s Own

Emma Mailanen

Aberdeen '21

Finnish. Psychology-sociology student.