Welcome to The Committee Holly Judge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Holly Judge

Degree: Postgraduate – Secondary English

Position: President

This week I got to catch up with our fabulous new President, Holly Judge!

Firstly, I just want to say congrats on being our new president! How long have you been in HCAU and what do you love most about it?

Thanks so much! I’m super excited to be President of the little pink ship – hopefully I’ll do a good job!  I’ve been in HCAU since my third year of university, so this will be my third year as a member. I absolutely love the way we all support each other – particularly on the writing side, where we all take so much interest in what others want to write about. Everyone has a voice and an opinion that matters, which is so important in a uni environment that can be overwhelming and scary! Our articles range from celeb gossip to hard-hitting content on politics and society – I’ve learned so much from reading HCAU articles!

You’ve spent 4 years at the University of Aberdeen so far and now you’re back for another year for your post-grad. So tell us, what is your favourite thing about being in Aberdeen?

I love how Aberdeen is a compact city – you can get anywhere in the space of 20 minutes and there’s something for everyone! There’s always something or somewhere new to try and I’ve still not been everywhere (yet).  Aberdeen is fully my second home now. I came to uni when I was 17 so I’ve done the majority of my growing up here, I guess I now have an emotional attachment to Aberdeen. Also, I’m not quite ready to leave my two flatmates who have been by my side since the first day of first year (Aimie and Gillian) and HCAU needed a President so I had to stay here for another year!

Can you tell us something we don’t know about you?

Probably that I’m very, very, very into football! I started going to football matches with my mum and auntie (breaking those gender stereotypes) when I was around 7 and got hooked! I still try to go to as many games as I can when I’m at home and keep up to date with all the latest chat with my team Dunfermline Athletic.

Something you can’t live without?

Oh god, crisps for sure! I love them. Salt and vinegar hula-hoops are my absolute favourite. Also, with crisps comes dip – my favourite is sour cream & chive, although you can’t go wrong with a classic dip selection.

If we had to ask your adorable dog, Pandora for a reference on you, what do you think she’d say about you?

She’d probably just say that I am the provider of snacks and that she’s got me wrapped around her little paw! That wee girl can do no wrong in my eyes and I am such a softie around her – I treat her like she’s my baby. She’s a spoilt little princess, but with a name like Pandora what do you expect!

Now for some Quick-Fire Questions

Summer or winter?  Winter! Cosy jumpers and leggings combo: all day, every day

You’re a new addition to the crayon box, what colour would you be and why? Pink obviously, to match all the HCAU merch I have

Tea or coffee? Coffee – the baristas at the Starbucks opposite my work know my name and order

Nights out or nights in? I feel so old saying this, but after 4 years of uni nights out and VK hangovers I am so keen for movie nights and chill nights now – I’ll come out of retirement for our socials though!

Favourite HCAU memory?  King’s Ball last year for sure! It was such a nice way to celebrate all our achievements and make memories with last year’s committee (miss you all). But this year I am determined that we win an award for something because we so deserve it!

Photos are Holly’s own

Jade Kay

Aberdeen '20

Philosophy student at Aberdeen with an interest in entertainment reviews, tips, tricks, make-up and positivity.