Tresemme – Keratin Smooth: The Her Campus Aberdeen Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

TRESemme – Keratin Smooth: The Her Campus Aberdeen Review

The tight students purse strings unfortunately mean that there is are very few opportunities for me to buy high-end hair-care products and my latest haircuts usual involve careful snipping with kitchen scissors. So when our wonderful Her Campus headquarters sent us a cardboard box of ‘Spring Break Survival’ wonders I immediately offered to try out and review the ‘Tresemme 7 day Keratin Smooth Starter Set’ for our beautiful readership.

After many years of continual blow drying, straightening and curling my hair I am always on the look out to find products that will rejuvenate my locks and make it bounce back into life. This product is perfect. In the little red box set was a shampoo, conditioner and heat activated treatment. Being a standard girl, the first thing I did was smell the pampering equipment. It smelled sublime, as if I had walked into a top notch salon rather than a grubby student bathroom.

I jumped into the shower to start my pamper session and whilst belting out Beyonce, I used the shampoo and conditioner provided to wash my hair. As soon as I stepped out the shower my hair felt silkier so I was excited to move onto the next step. I towel dried my hair to get rid of remaining moisture and sectioned my hair into 3 parts. I applied a small amount of the heat activated treatment evenly to each part of my hair and combed my hair from root to tip so that it was evenly distributed. 

Using my coincidently matching Tresemme hairdryer and a paddle brush, I blow dried my hair pretending that I was in a top London salon. The smell of the heat activated treatment was a magnificent treat to the nose and gave my hair an extra shine. To finish off my hair pamper I swept GHD straighteners through my new silky smooth hair. The heat activated treatment promises to work with the straighteners to transform frizz into salon-smooth hair. And this it did.              

The final result is absolutely fantastic. After spending my time scrunching my hair in stress over assignments, by the end of the day it still looks feels and smells newly washed! The salon smell from the products is a dream for somebody who can barely afford a haircut never mind a wash and blow dry. I can see all the girls stare at me in envy as I whip my hair back and forth wafting that professionally cleaned smell around the room. After a few days of sunshine in Aberdeen too, people had to wear sunglasses to look at me because my hair was so gloriously shiny!

I may be exaggerating ever so slightly, but this product is hand on heart a dream. After a few washes my hair looks and feels actually alive and the straw-like texture has made an exit from my locks. I highly recommend this product to all my girls for a more purse friendly substitute to a weekly salon wash and blow-dry. The heat activated treatment is extremely easy to use and a fabulous addition to your hair-care routine to ensure your hair looks and feels healthy. Your locks will smell, look and feel gorgeous and be ready for public viewing! Have fun and pamper yourself with this one girls! 

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.