King’s Ball: Aberdeen Society’s Best Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

On the 26th of February 2015 the most beautiful and glamorous individuals Aberdeen University has to offer gathered for the wonderful King’s Ball. These hard working and very talented member’s of societies ranging from charity work to performers to economics to our very own Her Campus magazine dusted themselves down and like the Cinderellas they truly are dazzled at the Ball. We were faced with the very difficult, though delightful, task of crowning this year’s best dressed – let’s put it this way you scrub up well! We have a few awards to dedicate to your gowns and glad rags and you’ll be able to find all the photos from the evening on the Her Campus Aberdeen Facebook – give us a like! 

Now as it was a masquerade ball it would only fair to give the first award to…

BEST MASK:

Maggie Hardiman’s stunning gold feather mask stole the show! 

You can’t beat a boy in tartan…

BEST KILT:

Darius Munro’s Black Watch kilt and funky black sporran were a winning combo – on which we could all agree!

We all know that a million dollar outfit isn’t just about the clothes…

BEST HAIR:

Stylish and understated with a messy up-do Liisa Hyrsky knows how to rock the ball look with ease! Ps her beautiful red gown is from Zalando.

VINTAGE BEAUTY:

Molly Gibb proves that you don’t have to hit up the high street to find a show-stopping gown. This 80s dress was found in a charity shop on Union street – now that’s a good eye!

And last but obviously not least…

MR AND MRS BEST DRESSED!

ChristiAnne Huntsman’s beautiful black and gold dress with lace details was stunning and a unanimous winner for the evening! Step out from the corner girl, you rocked it! For those of you who understandably want to recreate this look the dress is from ChiChi London.

Harris Jones an Economics student showed he is a man of many talents! This unusual, yet oh-so-fashionable, suit was incredibly eye catching. Teamed with a Batman mask, Harris shows he has quirk and style!

And finally, a huge thank you to our wonderful photographer Jonty Barron. If you are as impressed with his photography as we are then check out his blog – you won’t be disappointed!  www.jontybarron.tumblr.com

HCXO!

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.
A fourth year student studying medicine at Aberdeen University