HCAU: Welcome to the Committee Amy Catlow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Amy Catlow

Studying: MA Legal Studies and Psychology

Year: 2nd Year

Position: PR Secretary

Hey Amy! We’re here to find out a bit more about you and your university experience. How are you feeling?

Honestly right now I’m loving university, but before Christmas I was having such a hard time and really hated being away from home, but I’ve made some more amazing friends and got more involved in Her Campus, and I’m loving it again, so thanks to everyone for reminding me of how much I actually enjoy university!!

Sorry to hear you were having a hard time, we’re happy you’re feeling better! Congratulations on your new position on the committee! How are you liking it so far?

I’m loving it so far! I especially love working with all the other committee members and especially my great Vice-PR!!

We love having you on the committee too! Why did you join HC Aberdeen and what made you go for the PR position?

I joined because I wanted to make new friends and get involved with the society as I had seen loads of great things that they were doing. I decided to go for the PR position as I wanted to get more involved and I had loved being a part of the social squad, and I had so many ideas for PR that I thought why not!

We can’t wait to see what you’ve got planned! What’s your favourite thing you’ve done since joining the committee and what are you most looking forward to?

I’ve loved chatting with everyone and getting to know them better. Also, The Bobbin after writers meetings is always a plus. I’m most looking forward to all the events we have planned and getting out all the ideas that Meridyth and I have for social media.

The Bobbin after writers meetings is a must!! What’s your best memory since coming to Aberdeen University?

I have so many that I really don’t know what to choose, but Her Campus Socials are always at the front of some of the best times I’ve had.

You definitely hype people up at our socials and make it a better time for everyone! We’re happy to hear you’ve enjoyed them! Tell us something we don’t know about you?

I’m actually massively into sports, I’m obsessed with Football and F1, and also I love the darts. People are always really surprised at when they find out how into these things I am.

That is definitely something I didn’t know about you, but now you’ve mentioned it I can totally see you as a sports person!

Quick-fire questions:

Night in or night out?

I’d say night in, but I feel I’d get called out because I never say no to going out, so I’ll say both.

Favourite movie?

Harry Potter, like any of them, I can quote most of them word for word.

Describe yourself in 3 words?

I’m terrible at this, so I asked my best friend and boyfriend, and according to them

Funny, feisty and intelligent.

Fave night out?

Any night I’m out with my friends.

Thanks for stopping by to chat with us, Amy! We’ve loved getting to know you better, we can’t wait to see you at the next social and see what you’ve got planned for us!

(all photos are Amy’s own)

Second year Psychology student @ University of Aberdeen