This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Life can get rough at times, and when that happens there is nothing like cosying down with a good film or TV show and ignoring the outside world. Scroll down to see HCAU’s favourite things to watch when feeling low – you never know, you might find something new to watch!  

HCAU loves animation, Carlyn is obsessed with Cars (who doesn’t love lightning McQueen!?), Emma watches Brave on repeat and many of us love rewatching Shrek when we need a pick me up. The Cat in the Hat also deserves an honourable mention. Next up are the classic 2000 rom com’s and ‘chic flics’ (with good soundtracks of course), Think Bridget Jones, Notting Hill and My Best Friend’s Wedding. Megan Legally Blonde, Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging, and Wild Child hold a place in Meridyth’s heart.  Kate loves watching She-Ra Princess of Power. Films that we watched as kids also make for excellent comfort watches. Movies like Charlotte’s Web, Nanny Mcphee, Stardust, featuring Claire Danes and Harry Potter.  

We also feel obliged to mention our love of musicals. Mamma Mia? God tier.  

It seems most of us like a throwback TV show when feeling low, especially if they are from our childhood. Hannah Montana, Gilmore Girls and Greys Anatomy all make the comfort list. Niamh ensures us that BBC Merlin is the perfect snuggle watch (I agree), and Ellen is convinced that It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia could right all wrongs. If Netflix is what you are into, Queer eye, Brooklyn 99 (for an easy watch), and Death in Paradise are all binge-worthy shows that we would recommend. And who could forget the drama-filled episodes of the Bachelor when you are feeling down?  

Iona Hancock

Aberdeen '22

PGDE Primary 21/22 @ Aberdeen 1st Class Honours in Politics and IR @ Aberdeen