HC Aberdeen’s Charity Selection Box Appeal!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Here at Her Campus Aberdeen we are definitely feeling the Christmas spirit already! Christmas is often people’s favourite time of the year and surrounded by family and friends with food and presents, it’s an occasion many look forward to. There are some people however who sadly have nothing special to receive on Christmas morning. That’s why Her Campus Aberdeen are proud to launch our first chocolate Selection Box appeal in collaboration with local charity Instant Neighbour and their 2015 Giving Tree campaign. Instant Neighbour works with parents and families living in very difficult situations all across Aberdeenshire, and their Giving Tree ensures that children in these situations will not go without gifts this Christmas.

We’d love you to help us out on our Christmas quest to provide the needy children of Aberdeen with as many chocolate selection boxes as possible. They cost as little as £1.50 from your local supermarket so are a great easy way to give something back this Christmas.

We will be collecting the selection box donations between now and Friday 4th of December 2015. You can give your donations to any Her Campus member or come along to the AUSA Christmas Market in Johnston Hall to drop them off at our stall also on the 4th December between 2pm and 4pm. Christmas is such an important time to give back to the community, whether it be the stress of exams and assignments or work piling up at the office, we often forget how privileged we are. So get donating and help spread some extra cheer and love this Christmas!

For more info check out the event page here!

Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.