This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

DIY Mirror Earrings

If you love jewellery, you’re feeling creative and would like a little project to work on, here’s a little step-by-step guide on how to make DIY earrings out of old CD’s and a few extra things that won’t cost you too much. I bought my materials in Denmark, but I’m sure you’ll be able to find everything you need online or in a craft shop!

What you need:

– Old CD

– Stud earrings (with flat surface):

– Glue

– Scissors

Step 1:

Grab your scissors and a CD and start cutting out the shapes you want. You might realise that it’s not that easy to cut too many intricate shapes (I tried cutting stars and it didn’t go too well!) but try simple shapes like the ones you see in the pictures. It’s hard to make the pair look exactly alike, but personally I like that they’re a bit uneven around the edges!

Step 2:

When you’re satisfied with your shapes, you simply take a stud, apply some glue and put on your CD cut-out.

Step 3:

Wait some time – depending on how long it takes for your glue to dry – and then you’re set with a cute, homemade pair of mirror-like earrings.

(All pictures Caroline’s own)