stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celeb and Propercorn Student Ambassador – Miss Freya Drummond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Campus Celeb – Miss Freya Drummond

You may have seen this chic chick working her mornings away providing the student body with fresh paninis and perfectly crèmed coffees or maybe even being studious in the library but did you know she’s now Aberdeen’s very own PROPERCORN Student Ambassador? How does she manage to balance all this responsibility – you may wonder– well that’s why Her Campus Aberdeen have stopped Ms Freya Drummond to get the D.L on what this very intriguing title entails…

PROPERCORN is, as their slogan goes, ‘Popcorn Done Properly’, made with all-natural ingredients and totally guilty free – no trade off between health and happiness here guys. Did you know – PROPERCORN is gluten free, wheat free, vegetarian, low fat, low calorie and low in sugar too?! The sweet & salty and lightly salted flavours are even vegan too and as of 2014 all the PROPERCORN flavours are nut-free! Now that is something! Despite only being four years old PROPERCORN is the winner of The Great Taste 2012 Award and a two-time winner of The Grocer Product of the Year! They are all the official food of London Fashion Week! VOGUE’s Anna Wintour has even been spotted enjoying the delicious snack. So last summer when Freya saw an advertisement for an internship at the PROPERCORN headquarters in London and being a devout fan of the healthy treat she applied – and succeeded!

So let’s begins with the question everyone is thinking – why did Freya choose PROPERCORN? The company is young and dynamic; the packaging is one of a kind – what’s not to love? While being healthy, keeping fit, and eating well is an important aspect of our lives this opportunity could not have come at a better time for Freya who loves a healthy lifestyle. Freya adores the ethos of the company as she dotes ‘they are a company who stay faithful to their slogan – they do things properly- they go the extra mile, they are not about making everything perfect they are all about making everyone’s experience the best it can be’.

While Freya was interning this summer she realised how much the company values every members’ contribution and just how passionate each member of the team is about PROPERCORN. When her six-week internship came to an end Freya became so emotionally involved and devoted to the company she knew PROPERCORN was something she wanted to continue to be a part of. ‘It was such a fun and inspiring environment,’ Freya beams, ‘I felt that everything I said was valued and taken seriously. It is such a creative company and with it still being a relatively new company, I feel very lucky to be part of it as I know it is going to be massive!’

As an intern she worked in aspects of the team from marketing to sales to snacking on all the samples.  I’m sure Freya is much more prepared for the big wide world post-graduation with this awesome experience under her belt. One of her favourite parts of the experience was working with product development on the new flavour of PROPERCORN, which will hit stores at the end of this month. All she will say for now is ‘orange in the pack’ SO WATCH THIS SPACE!

Freya swears by sweet coconut and vanilla cause it is off the heeeezeeee! But she can’t deny that she is the number one fan of the new flavour coming out soon that will, ‘blow peoples minds’. Freya’s favourite thing about PROPERCORN is that she doesn’t feel bad when she eats it but can still enjoy a great tasting snack. She dreads trying any other brand of popcorn as nothing beats PROPERCORN’s light, filling and flavourful sensation. ‘Mmm’ she mumbles dreaming of the tasty treat.

So besides the release of the new flavour what are you most excited for in the future? ‘I am really excited for some fun events and getting everyone on the PROPERCORN bandwagon!’ Freya is also looking forward to the challenges of getting out there and meeting sellers in person because during her internship she had only been dealing with customers over the phone! It is Freya goal to make Aberdeen as PROPERCORN-cray as she is!

Whilst completing her final year of study up in Aberdeen Freya knew she couldn’t leave PROPERCORN behind which is why when the opportunity to be a PROPERCORN Student Ambassador arose – she knew it was for her. A student ambassador is a student representative for PROPERCORN who are scattered at over 50 universities UK wide. While the company in the London HQ cannot be all over the country this team of Student Ambassadors work on representing the company in cities around the UK and spreading the PROPERCORN love. The ambassador visits business that will work with the brand, do compliancy checks making sure those who already do sell are happy and that everything is running smoothly and also making appearances at the most exciting event on university campus.

It’s Freya’s job to find out what’s happening on campus and speak to societies to spice up the latest and coolest events so if any of you out there think PROPERCORN is right for your uni social then get in touch with Freya right now and she would love to help and give you more info and PROPERCORN could be heading to a party near you!

Contact Freya Drummond: freyaedrummond@gmail.com

Images from instagram.com/Propercorn or Freya’s own

Alice Low

Aberdeen

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.