This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

1)   You will realise how much your time in high school sucked.

While you were busy sneaking out of the house to go to that one party, thrown by that one guy, at that one place. Serena was jet setting around the world partying with the crème de la crème, Blair had sleepovers with manicurists, masseuses and margaritas and Chuck? Well, Chuck owned a burlesque bar.

2)   You realise the Kardashians copied a certain GG on their rise to fame.

Remember that time when Serena came back from summer break and the paparazzi were hounding her for her European shenanigans? Well, it seems the Kardashians took her European exploits, added it to their lives and became super famous. Good on you Serena for leading the “how to be famous for being famous” campaign.

3)   You start to see that Georgina Sparks is the Bomb.com

First time watching GG you develop a deep hate for Georgina. The hate list went:

1. The Devil
  2. Georgina Sparks

But re-watching GG make you realise that without Georgina there would be no drama, there would be no old Serena and there would be no Gossip Girl.

4)   It occurs to you that Nate and Lily didn’t have sex

I feel that in a show were everyone slept with everyone; it would have made sense for Nate to sleep with Lily. Just to make the over-dramatized drama even more dramatic. But we’re probably thankful that this weirdness didn’t happen!

5)   You wonder what happened to Scott

Remember Lily and Rufus’ love child? No? Well I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t. He literally just disappeared and what a shame, he was so cute!

6)   You start to see the similarities between the girls on the steps and the girls who only wear pink on Wednesdays.

Scheming, plotting to dethrone the “queen” and just being a total female dog. You kind of see where the girls on the steps got their inspiration.

7) You know that no matter what you wear you know you can never compete with the school uniform of Constance Billard School.

Enough said.

(but we do have some tips on trying to re-create Blair Waldorf chic; http://www.hercampus.com/school/aberdeen/back-school-uniform-dressing)

8)   Blair Waldorf is no longer your idol

Blair married a prince, like a real crowned prince (who was French) and she left him for Chuck Bass. I don’t know about you but I don’t see Blair’s logic. Ok, ok, so it wasn’t for love… but who cares? The love will come later! He’s a PRINCE!

9)   **SPOILER ALERT**- You relive the huge disappointment of finding out that Dan Humphrey is Gossip Girl *rolling eyes*

Can I just say that even having re-watched GG, I still can’t see how Dan can be Gossip Girl! It just doesn’t add up… At all.

10)   Dorota wasn’t Gossip Girl!

That would have made for an epic ending! And we all wanted it to be her deep down.

+South African/Burundian +Spiritual, Global Citizen, Winter Worshipper, Human Rights Activist, Slightly Dark Minded, Novel Lover, Football Fanatic and Poet
Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.