This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Juicing has become the new fad. Everywhere you turn someone is on a cleanse. I remember when you first started hearing about cleanses it was simple. The Master Cleanse was about it. Some maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and lemons and you were in business. But now juice bars are popping up all over the place with a million concoctions waiting for consumption. Everyone from Whole Foods to Bloomingdales have installed their own juice bars for eagerly awaiting customers.

A few weeks ago my mother had the bright idea of starting a juice cleanse. She gave me all these reasons why it’s the perfect way to jumpstart our summer bodies. I like food too much to ever see how I would be able to sustain a cleanse, but I was willing to “look into it.”

I know that there are several pros and cons articles that have been written on the Internet about juice cleanses, but I am going to write the only one you ever need to read again. After my experience, I have come to the conclusion that you only need to know of ONE pressing con before starting a juice cleanse. YOU STARVE.

That’s right, you heard me correctly. Nothing makes a juice cleanse worth it because you’re so hungry you could eat the entire universe. I’m not even exaggerating – okay, maybe just a little bit, but you get the point. A juice cleanse will never be a satisfying form of detox because you can’t eat. As a firm believer in breakfast and cake, I don’t think any beach body or supposed energy boost is worth forgoing the joy of getting your feast on.

Not to mention, juicing your foods up the calorie count. So are you really achieving that beach body by drinking your food? Maybe just settle for a run!

Image via Giphy