This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As a busy college student, you need a breakfast that’s going to fuel you up for a full day. Below is a list of nutritious and delicious breakfasts that you can prepare in under five minutes.

1. Oatmeal.

Packed with whole grains and fiber, oatmeal will keep you feeling fuller, longer. One bowl of cooked oats is only around 150 calories.  Personally, I like to use almond milk with my oatmeal, which is only 30 calories per cup. Then, add ¼ cup of trail mix (Try any of Trader Joes) and you’re set for a yummy and filling breakfast. If you want something lighter try a handful of fresh fruit (blueberries or banana slices) or a tablespoon of honey. 

2. Greek Yogurt Parfait.

Buy a container of plain non-fat Greek yogurt (try FAGE or Chobani) and you will have enough for a couple weeks. Scoop one cup of yogurt into a bowl and then add trail mix, fresh fruit, or honey. If you opt for granola be sure to check the nutrition info because many store granola brands are high in sugar and calories.

3. Avocado Toast.

This is one of my favorite breakfasts. If you are looking for a heartier meal start with a slice of whole grain bread (100% whole wheat and 100% whole grain), which is high in fiber. Then, cut the avocado in two, remove the pit, and scoop the insides into a bowl and mash it up with a fork. You can add lemon or sea salt to add flavor. Then spread the mash on top of the toast and enjoy.

4. Clif Bars.

Obviously, bars should not be used as a daily meal replacement. However, if you are in a rush, opt for a Clif bar over other sugary granola bars, which are just empty calories. Clif bars actually contain 9 or 10grams of protein in each bar and will fill you with energy for the morning. They are a much healthier alternative to any other snack bars found around the school. They taste great, too!

5. Protein Shakes.

I blend Orgain Vegan Protein Powder (150 calories and 21grams of protein per serving!), one organic banana, and one cup of almond milk for about two minutes. It tastes like a delicious creamy milkshake but it’s actually a healthy, protein-packed meal. If you are already at school, stop by the smoothie bar and customize your own protein smoothie. Be sure to add protein and ask for almond milk to cut out excess calories.

Hey Everyone:) I am a Philadelphia native with a love for NYC. I am currently a communications major and a digital media studies minor at Pace University. I am a health and fitness enthusiast. I also volunteer with Reading Partners and Jumpstart. In my free time I love writing, traveling, rap music, and shopping.
Her Campus Pace Contributor