stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Weekly Wellness: Week #8

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Hello again, ladies!

Unfortunately, due to my non-stop time on campus this week, my eats have been rather boring and nothing to really brag about. Sorry for the lack of creativity this week, but I hope to jump back on it after I get some of these pesky exams out of the way! I do, though, have some cool new workouts for you girls to take on over to the RPAC or Jesse Owens and get movin’!

EATS:

As I mentioned, this article is scarce on the recipe front this week, but I do have one delicious concoction I whipped up to share!

PB&J Overnight Oats:

A classic twist on a kid-time (who am I kidding, an ALL-TIME) favorite that can be enjoyed at home or on the go:

• 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 container non-fat plain or vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk or liquid of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
  • 2 tbsp pb2 powdered peanut butter (or 1tbsp of all-natural PB)
  • 6 large strawberries died into halves or quarters
  • **optional add-ins: sliced banana, cinnamon, granola

–> Mix the first four ingredients into a tupperware container and stir it up. Slice up the strawberries and place them into your concoction. Let it sit overnight and have an AWESOME breakfast awaiting you in the morning!

**P.S. My original post talking about overnight oats can be found here.

Also, as I talked about in the beginning of this article, I’ve been practically living on campus this week so I was beyond thrilled when one of my freshman gal-pals offered to block me food at the RPAC. I haven’t eaten there in almost two years, but, OMG, I have been missing out. I got the Five-Grain Chicken Pilaf, which was an excellent blend of mixed grains, lentils, vegetables, and chicken breast all topped with a delicious pepper spread that had a hummus-type consistency. SO GOOD! My friend got the salmon and quinoa dish, which was equally amazing. Keep up the good work, RPAC dining services!

Since I was pretty terrible on the recipe train this week, here are some cool eats I found from around the web that I really hope to take a stab at once my schedule clears up a little:

1. Clean Eating Chicken Salad — chicken salad with avacodo instead of mayo?! SIGN ME UP.
  2. Cauliflower Crust Pizza — a recipe I’ve been dying to try for FAR too long.
  3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Breakfast Cookie — so, I REALLY like PB&J … sue me.

SWEAT SESH

I found some great workouts on the web this week that I’m stoked to share with you! 

TUESDAY:

• I did this new-to-me eliptical/treadmill workout. 15 minutes on each machine ensures a great heart-pumping workout, but also keeps you from getting bored out of your skull!
  • I followed that cardio burst with this 15 minute total body workout.

Me after this workout + 10 minutes in the sauna = SWEAT MONSTER 

WEDNESDAY:

• I completed my 5-mile interval workout run (1st mile- warm-up, 2nd mile- speed work, 3rd mile- incline work, 4th mile- speed work, 5th mile- cool down) and then followed it up with this ab workout:

4-minute Ab Workout:

* Do each exercise for 30-seconds without (or very minimal) rest in between.

**Complete 2x for serious burn!

• Elbow plank
  • Straight arm plank
  • Spider-man
  • Mountain climber
  • Side plank (each side)
  • Up-down plank
  • Straight arm plank with toe-taps

I can promise you the core was a-burnin’ after Wednesday’s workout! 

THURSDAY:

• A little shorter on time for my Thursday morning workout, I completed this quick, but challenging 20-minute bike workout.
  • Then I tackled this arm workout that had my arms BURNIN’ for the duration of the workout.