stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Freshman 15: 3 Tips to Keep You Healthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

We all know its tough to keep fit and healthy as a college freshman. Meal plan choices are limited and can often feel repetitive. It is also difficult to fit workouts into our hectic schedules. Keeping healthy can be made simpler with a few simple tips.

1. Healthy snack choices in the dorm room: In order to avoid temptations, keep only healthy food in your room. Keeping chips, candy, and other junk foods around can mess up a healthy diet. Apples and peanut butter, carrots and hummus and cheese sticks are a few healthy options that are filling and delicious. Remember, everything is ok in moderation!
  2. Working out: Sometimes getting to the gym seems impossible, especially after a long weekend. Making the trek to Taylor Gym is not your only option. Grab a buddy and look up some workout videos on youtube. You could also just pick up your pace a little walking around campus from class to class. We all know the stairs are sometimes a workout in themselves.
  3. Pace yourself: You might feel pressured to go to every party you hear about during the week and on the weekends. But remember, theres always going to be another party, so take a night to relax and recuperate every once and a while. This will help avoid late night eating at Hawks, and feeling too tired to go to the gym.

Diets are hard and we all slip up sometimes. Don’t worry about the occasional brownie or cupcake, just keep your health in mind!