What To Pack in A Weekend Trip Bag

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Behind every successful weekend trip is a properly packed bag. Whether that be a small duffel bag, traditional backpack, or full on suitcase, a well-prepared collegiette always has a bag full of supplies to take on a weekend full of adventures. There’s nothing worse than getting caught without a toothbrush or your phone charger when you’ve just hit the road—we’ve all been there. Among the usual items that should be in your bag, here are a few not-so-common things that will help you thrive on any weekend trip you take this semester!

Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner 

You may be escaping for the weekend, but deadlines don’t disappear completely. Nothing ruins a weekend trip more than forgetting about that paper that’s due Monday morning when you get back. Don’t make your weekend stressful by feeling scattered, the Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner with an 18-month layout is the perfect size to pack in your bag. You’ll have it on hand whenever you need to double check a group project date or schedule your next meeting while on your weekend getaway. 

Freeman Beauty Face Masks 

While planning for your weekend trip, I’m sure you didn’t plan for pesky breakouts or dry skin but unfortunately, those things sometimes happen. Keep your skin in check with these new Freeman Beauty face masks designed to combat all your skincare troubles. Not to mention these masks make for the perfect mini spa night with your besties on your weekend trip. This Freeman Feeling Beautiful Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay mask soothes irritated skin while softly exfoliating leaving you glowing. The Freeman Feeling Beautiful Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser nourishes skin while purifying your pores and controlling oil.  The Freeman Feeling Beautiful Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask removes toxins from your skin while delivering intense moisturize.

Spindrift Sparkling Water

Snacks and refreshments are a crucial part of a great weekend trip. Don’t let you or your fellow vacationers go thirsty while traveling. Spindrift Sparkling Water offers a healthier alternative to soda. It’s made and flavored with real fruit, no added sweetener, leaving you feeling refreshed. It comes in a variety of flavors including lemon, cucumber, grapefruit, orange mango, raspberry lime, strawberry, and blackberry.

Aéropostale Denim

Having solid outfit options is important for a weekend trip. Being unprepared when it comes to clothes can put a huge downer on any good vacation. Play it safe and bring at least one pair of good jeans in your bag and then accessorize it. You can’t go wrong with Aéropostale’s denim collection which has a variety of versatile and trendy pieces. Their seriously stretching denim styles are their bestsellers and are perfect for those unexpected weekend adventures. 

Bed Head by TIGI Hairspray & Dry Shampoo 

When parking for a short weekend trip, it’s not practical to bring all of your haircare products with you. In addition to your essentials like shampoo and conditioner, you can’t go away without packing these staple products: dry shampoo and hairspray. For those messy hair days when you can’t seem to get your flyaway hairs to stay down, hairspray is key. And where would any collegiette be without dry shampoo, amiriteMasterpiece Shine Hairspray gives you some serious hold against humidity. Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo absorbs oil, leaving your hair feeling clean and smelling fresh even when you don’t have time for a wash. The colorless formula also won’t leave any residue on your clothes. Hard Head Hairspray gives you that strong, hard hairspray hold that increases by the amount you use and makes your hair look shiny. Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo is a super fine powder that absorbs oil and leaves your hair full of volume. It works on all hair colors and won’t leave behind colored residue. 

L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronzer

As the cold winter months are approaching, summer tans are fading (sad face). This could be a major bummer for those taking a weekend trip to somewhere warm and looking to show some skin. Luckily, L’Oreal Paris offers products that can help. L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes are the perfect travel size to throw in your weekender bag so you can tan on the go. The color develops in just 2-4 hours making last-minute tans possible. Can’t make it to the salon for a spray tan before your weekend getaway, L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist is all you need. But let’s not forget the good base to any self-tan is hydrated skin. L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius quenches your skin’s thirst by providing it with 72 hours of moisture with aloe water. 

Steripods

Packing your toothbrush for your weekend getaway is a given (or at least it should be). What’s sometimes overlooked is the proper care and storage of your toothbrush while traveling. Steripods is the toothbrush protector of the future. With active vapors such as thymol, found in many types of mouthwash, this clip on protector keeps your toothbrush clean for up to 3 months and safe from airborne contaminants. You won’t have to worry about your toothbrush falling out of your bag or getting dirty in transport for the weekend ever again.

HI-CHEW Candy

As I said before, refreshments and snacks are very important during travel to weekend retreats. In an effort to stay healthy, eating that bag of Twizzlers probably isn’t the best idea. However, if you’re craving a sweet candy, HI-CHEW candy could satisfy that want. The chewy candy is made with real fruit into a soft candy treat. With a wide variety of flavors such as grape, cherry, banana, strawberry, mango, green apple, and kiwi, you are sure to have a candy that everyone on your trip will enjoy.

With these items in your weekender bag, you’re all set to have an amazing trip!

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.