17 Movies That Will Get You in Your Fall Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

From scary to romance, here are some of the best movies that will make you want to cozy up and get ready for the fall.

Via Variety.com

1. “Edward Scissorhands” (1990)

It’s a classic Halloween movie without the scary. Plus, who doesn’t love a young Johnny Depp?

Via EW.com

2. “Good Will Hunting” (1997)

It’s a perfect blend of heartbreak and comedy, and it has the beautiful scenery of Boston in the fall. A real classic!

Via ETonline.com

3. “Hocus Pocus” (1993)

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to not watch this movie at least once during this season. You’ll probably love it just as much today as you did when you were a kid.

Via Eonline.com

4. “Halloweentown” (1998)

This one hits you right in the childhood. A combination of Halloween and Debbie Reynolds is the definition of happiness!

Related: 7 Ways to Get Spooky in NOVA This Fall

Via ThePioneerWoman.com

5. “When Harry Met Sally” (1989)

New York City in the fall?  Um, yes please. This classic rom-com makes for the perfect movie to get you in the mood for the season.

Via RollingStone.com

6. “The Addams Family” (1991)

It’s mysterious and spooky, and those 90’s Halloween vibes will make you want to get out your pumpkins and start carving.

Via IMDB.com

7. “St. Elmo’s Fire” (1985)

Not only does this movie have a lot of post-graduation angst, it also shows Georgetown in the fall, which we know is a pretty sight.

Via DenofGeek.com

8. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993)

Not only is this classic appropriate for the fall, but it gets you in the spirit for Christmas too. Plus you can sing along.  A win-win!

Via Playbill.com

9. “October Sky” (1999)

It takes place in the fall, it might make you cry, and it’s got a young Jake Gyllenhaal.  Need I say more?

Via Neatorama.com

10. “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” (1966)

You probably had to sit down as a family and watch this every year leading up to Halloween, so why not continue the tradition?

Via DigitalSpy.com

11. “Friday Night Lights” (2004)

This one gets you in the mood for football season, which is one of the best parts of fall.

Related: The Top 5 Frights of Fairfax

Via LATimes.com

12. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” (2001)

Something about boarding schools always screams ‘fall’. Plus it’s about wizards, witches, and other supernatural elements that are perfect for Halloween time.

Via Wolfinagorillasuit.com

13. “Halloween” (1978)

It’s campy, it takes place on Halloween, and if you’re somebody who doesn’t like scary movies, it’s pretty tame so you can still get a thrill without being too scared.

Via Collider.com

14. “Silver Linings Playbook” (2012)

There’s no better combination than football, Philly in the fall, and Bradley Cooper. It’s also got Robert DeNiro and a lot of dancing. Perfect!

Via IFC.com

15. “Beetlejuice” (1988)

You can’t go through Halloween time without even thinking about this classic spooky comedy.  

Via BBC.com

16. “The Blair Witch Project” (1999)

It’s three college students lost in the woods, being hunted by a witch, during the fall. You’ll want to snuggle up in your blanket and feel blessed that you aren’t them.

Via IMDB.com

17. “Sleepy Hollow” (1999)

It’s spooky, it’s gory, and a little bit romantic. Plus, more young Johnny Depp.

Take your spooky flick pick! Do you feel all autumn-y inside yet?   

Molly Feser

George Mason University '18

Molly is a Communication major with a concentration in Journalism at George Mason University. She loves Broadway, iced coffee, and The Office. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta on campus. After she graduates she hopes to be an entertainment journalist.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com