The Russell Seal Fitness Centre

Posted -

As many of you will be aware there are big changes afoot up at the University of Exeter’s Sports Park. An £8 million redevelopment, which began in May 2012, is set to make our sports facilities one of the very best in the country and hopefully cement Exeter’s place as one of the world’s top universities. The project covers a range of improvements, some of which have already been completed, but by far the most ambitious and exciting aspect of the development is the construction of the state-of-the-art Russell Seal Fitness Centre. Boasting a whole host of new equipment and facilities the centre will have something for everyone from the most hardened gym-bunny to the casual exercise fan, so what can you expect to find there? HCX has talked to the people in the know and is here to provide you with the most up-to-date information and statistics on Exeter’s newest addition.

·         The Gym

Over twice the size of Streatham’s current gym, the centre is set over two storeys promising something for all athletic abilities. Over £600,000 has been invested in Life Fitness technology, populating the 200 station gym with the very best equipment.

(Upper Level)

Upstairs there will be over 100 pieces of interactive cardio and resistance weights equipment such as bikes, treadmills and cross trainers.  Alongside this will be the new Synrgy™ space, a 360° workout experience which offers ViPRs, a punching bag, bars, and medicine balls allowing individuals and groups to really push themselves.

(Synrgy Space)

Downstairs a large free weights area will provide lifting stations, benches and presses with plenty of space and equipment for optimal weight-training.

(Lower Level)

The new centre will also feature a large airy reception space as well as new changing and shower facilities on-site.

Comments

About The Author

Alice Calder is in her fourth year studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the University of Exeter. She spent her third year studying abroad at the University of Southern Mississippi where she fell in love with all things Deep South. After interning in Washington DC for the summer Alice's love of politics grew and developed into her career ambition. Aside from politics she likes music, exploring the great outdoors, and enjoying food in every possible form.