5 Things To Do Now It’s Springtime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.

As we bid farewell to winter and welcome in the spring, it’s time to shed the wooly jumpers and dust off your sunglasses and sandals. Embrace the sunshine and have fun with your friends!

Go for a walk on the beach

One of the biggest perks of living in Bournemouth is the beautiful beaches that are just a bus ride away. Choose a hot day to get your friends together and take a picnic down to the seaside, or treat yourselves to a Harry Ramsden’s after a walk up the pier.

Get in the kitchen

Spring is the perfect time to grab a wooden spoon and work on those cooking skills. Check out websites like This is Uni Food and The Tasty Tenner for meal inspiration, and create cheap healthy dishes your mum would be proud of. Once you have become a pro, invite your girlfriends over for a ‘Come Dine With Me’ style evening where each one cooks a different course and the winner gets a bottle of wine.

Go swimming

Swimming is an activity that doesn’t really feel like exercise because it’s just so much fun. It’s great for your body as it burns calories, works all the major muscle groups and lowers blood pressure – meaning a slimmer, healthier figure! Stokewood Leisure Centre offers student discounts to use the pool and gym, and is ideally located in Winton, so there’s no reason not to go!

Source

Do something for charity

Volunteering at a charity shop or getting involved in a local project is great for your CV, as well as yourself, so check out the SUBU website for volunteering inspiration. If you are thinking of renewing your wardrobe, why not donate your unwanted clothes to charity? You willl gain on storage space and feel good, knowing that your old clothes are helping raise money for good causes.

Source

Buy hot cross buns!

These babies are your reward for all the fabulous exercise, cooking and charity work you have been doing! In the case that deadlines and dissertations have been taking up all your free time, don’t worry. Sit back, put the kettle on and have a hot cross bun. Perfect toasted with a layer of butter and jam.

Also, check out our Style Blog for spring style inspiration!