This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

On my last blog, I talked about P90X3 and how much I loved it. I hope some of you went out and tried a few of the workouts since last week! Hopefully you loved the option of not having to put on sweatpants and a coat to walk to the gym and to work out for half an hour. However, there are probably a couple of you out there that don’t love Tony Horton nearly as much as I do. His jokes are what keep me going through the 30 minutes but I think they could definitely have the opposite effect on other people. With that, here is another workout video that you could try!

My go-to workout DVD for the longest time was Shaun-T’s Insanity videos. It is set up in a similar way to P90X, P90X2, and P90X3. However, I would say the Insanity workouts are much more cardio oriented. There are no weights or pull up bars that need to be used like there are in Tony Horton’s P90Xs. I personally love cardio. I love the adrenaline high it produces when I’m lying on the floor after I have completed a workout.

Insanity is a 60 day conditioning program that consists of two different months of workouts. Shaun T turns interval training on its head. Instead of working out hard for a couple of seconds and then resting for a couple of minutes, you work out as hard as possible for 3-4 minutes and rest for 30 seconds. You do this three times and that is the completion of one of the two or three circuits in the DVDs. This may sound pretty daunting but believe me, not only does the time fly by, but you also get incredible results quickly!

The first month is the building blocks with plyometrics, pure cardio, upper body resistance, cardio abs, and a recovery workout. The second month is similar to the first but the workouts are a little bit longer. It consists of max interval circuit, max interval plyometrics, max cardio conditioning, and max recovery. From my experience, the second month is much harder than the first. However, if you train well and follow the schedule in the first month, you will be set for the second.

These workouts are a little longer than the P90X3 but I feel as though they are a much better cardio workout. I like to switch it up and do a Tony Horton workout one day and a Shaun T workout the next. My issue with all the work-out DVDs and going to the gym is things getting boring. However, the more workouts you incorporate into your repertoire, you will be less bored and more likely to work out!

Photo Credits:

http://rippedclub.net/workouts/p90x-vs-insanity/

Bentley University