This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

An hour of deep, steady breathing, stretching and profusely sweating is a relaxing yet intense workout that can benefit anyone. From young limber women to out-of-shape older men, Sumits Yoga Tempe provides hot yoga classes suitable for any level “yogi” to work on their practice, self-esteem and health. Hot yoga has been proven to make people stronger, more toned, have a more flexible body, an improved state of mind, self-acceptance and awareness.

Students sign in with a bubbly greeter and place their personal belongings in the locker room. With lots of water in hand and some determination, students walk into the warm, moist practice room and lay their bright-colored mats and towels down on the dark wood. For the next 60 minutes, the only thing that matters is the body and mind connection.

The instructor’s soothing yet strong voice urges the class to meet in downward dog, a pose that helps unite the students in a strong and balanced way. The position is a great way to check in with one’s body, boosts circulation, eliminates back stiffness and pain and even builds bone density. The Lululemon-covered yoga teacher reminds everyone to focus on his or her own practice and follows with the most important tip of class: Listen to your body. The energy in a hot yoga room becomes contagious and everyone is ready to flush out any negativity that may be bottled up. Every student is encouraged to take breaks when necessary, but to also push themselves.

The light level, the music and the teacher’s tone all change according to the specific pace during the class. By the end of the one hour-long workout, each student has a touch of red painted across their cheeks, is drenched in sweat and completely worn out. The incredible like-new feeling keeps people coming back on a weekly and even daily basis.

ASU student, Christa Fratantoni, attends class at Sumits five days a week. “I love Sumits Tempe because the staff and other yogis are so friendly,” she said. “I get a great workout and it makes me feel great too!” The combination of hot yoga benefits and the relaxing ambiance of the mirror-filled room seem to make peoples’ problems disappear—even if it is just for an hour.

Check out the Tempe location & ask about the new student special ($20 for 2 weeks of unlimited classes!)

WARNING: HOT YOGA IS KNOWN TO CAUSE BETTER HEALTH & HAPPINESS

920 E. University Dr. Suite 106Tempe, AZ 85281(480) 584-3388

Are you a social butterfly? Like Sumits Yoga Tempe on Facebook and follow them on instagram

I am a hard worker and determined to get where I want in life. I am your typical girly-girl, I love pink and my favorite animal is an elephant! I am a junior at Arizona State University majoring in Journalism with a focus on PR. I have been modeling with FORD RBA since the age of five and absolutely fell in love with the Fashion & Beauty industry at a young age. I know exactly what I what in life and happy with the person I am becoming. I love my family more than I could ever explain & my friends have truly helped me get to where I am today. :)
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.