For shy or anxious girls, any kind of social interaction can be awkward, uncomfortable or just plain exhausting. But when you’re talking to a guy (particularly a cute guy) things can be even worse. Luckily, we’re all in this together. Everyone has uncomfortable interactions, so shy or anxious girls are no different. There are ~so many~ thoughts that run through our heads when we’re talking to attractive men, and nobody gets what we’re thinking like Jess from New Girl.
1. Wow, he is super cute.
2. Like super cute OMG.
3. Okay, just act cool.
4. He is so cute! Is this really happening?
5. Oh my god he’s talking to me.
6. Okay, try to flirt back a little.
7. Nope, that’s not working.
8. Oh well, it’s who I am.
9. Oh, he just told a joke – laugh.
10. Maybe I need to say something cool. What are the kids saying these days?
11. I have forgotten how to smile like a normal person.
12. Okay, well I just made that really weird.
13. Annnnnddddd he just said something really stupid.
14. Why aren’t there any good guys out there?
15. Maybe next time things will go better.
Good luck out there, collegiettes! Talking to guys for us shy or anxious girls may be difficult, but some day it will lead us to the perfect guy. For now, we’re perfectly fine on our own!