One of the hottest beauty trends of the moment is hot pink lipstick. This flirty, girly look has become the industry’s newest favorite.
But before you pick up a lip color, keep in mind the appropriate places to rock this look.
When to Go for Neon Pink Lips:
- You’re headed to a party or the club
- You're headed out with your girlfriends for the day
- You want to make a bold impression on a first date
- You’re wearing a LBD or LWD and need a pop of color in your outfit
- You’re wearing a colorful outfit that has hints of hot pink in it
When to Stick with Nude Lips:
- You’re headed to a job interview or other professional event
- You know you're going to be kissing someone; nobody wants hot pink lipstick all over his or her face!
- Your outfit has a bold pattern that would be thrown off by a bold lip
When you decide that it’s an appropriate time to show off your neon lips, take the usual measures to make sure your look lasts.
Just as with any lip color, start off by exfoliating your lips with a sugar scrub. Then, moisturize with a lip balm before applying lip liner that matches your lipstick.
When wearing pink lipstick, make sure that you keep the rest of your makeup simple. Your lips will take center stage, so there’s no need to go makeup crazy with your eyes. Also, steer clear from a bright blush; the pink-on-pink look isn’t flattering.
Make sure to pick a color that complements your skin tone accordingly. For example, if you have a cooler skin tone, opt for a shade with blue undertones. An orange or red-based pink will look fabulous on collegiettes with warmer skin tones. A few colors we recommend are Lambchop from LAQA & Co. and Satsuma from Bite Beauty.
Since spring is here and summer is on the way, a neon pink lip is a great alternative to the classic red lipstick look. Wear it with confidence -- you'll look awesome!
What are your thoughts on neon pink lips? Do you have any color recommendations? Sound off in the comments!