The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

While they seemed cheesy and slightly unnecessary, Halloween’s “Boo Baskets” took the internet by storm. If you missed out on the last trend entirely or just want to celebrate winter with your friends, family, or partner, these seasonal gift baskets are exactly what you need. Seen all over Tik Tok’s in videos like this, these baskets are a cute and affordable way to create festive spirt. Stuffed full of all sorts of cozy and adorable treats, these gifts can be easily assembled and personalized.

Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a fantastic basket for your favorite snuggle buddy this winter season.

1. Seasonal Treats

Whether it’s peppermint flavored Hershey kisses, a snowflake covered Starbucks gift card, or handmade hot cocoa bombs, the first ingredient to your basket should be edible and delicious. Use this treat to induce festive cheer through the excitement of themed food. Additional tasty examples include winter popcorn tins, fun flavored candy canes, or homemade holiday cookies, all of which are sure to warm their hearts and excite their stomachs.

2. Scented Candles

This festive decoration will brighten both the room and smile of your basket recipient. Candles can be easily personalized to fit your budget while establishing the holiday mood. Stop by your local grocery store and pick up an affordable simple candle or splurge for something extravagant online like a long-lasting three wick centerpiece. Just make sure you select a festive scent that tickles their fancy, not their allergies.

Related:

3. Winter Accessories

Attempt to curb your loved ones’ holiday chills with cozy, winter accessories. There are thousands of options that will help keep them warm throughout the approaching cold weather, including hats, scarves, mittens, socks, and earmuffs. Pick something that suits their style, activities, and climate. Excellent examples include a Carhartt stocking cap for an outdoor enthusiast, festive socks for your avid couch cuddler, or a patterned scarf for any fashionable snow angels.

4. Advent Calendar

For recipients celebrating a holiday on December 25th, what better than an advent calendar to celebrate the arrival and countdown of the holiday season. Create a personalized gift with small trinkets, candy treats, and handwritten notes or purchase a themed one from their favorite franchise to show just how well you know them. This item is sure to make them think of you each day as they open the door to an exciting surprise.

Related:

5. Celebration Decorations

However your loved one chooses to celebrate the final month of the year, make it special for them by selecting a holiday decoration to spruce up their home or office. A personalized Christmas tree ornament or a strand of delicate snowflake garland are excellent ways to spread festive cheer to the walls and atmosphere of any room.

6. Festive Fun

At the beginning of a season that can be gloomy or stressful for a variety of reasons, add a fun, festive item to promote smiles and laughter all winter long. For any bearded friends, Beard Baubles are sure to be a hoot, while others might prefer a dancing Santa hat to brighten their spirts. Other examples can include a funny holiday mug, an adorable plush gnome, or funky reindeer antlers to kickstart their holiday.

As you build the perfect “Brr Basket,” remember to keep the personality and traditions of your recipient at the forefront of your mind. By crafting a fantastic selection of holiday goodies, you are sure to help them have a festive, winter season!

Maggie Byers

Youngstown '26

Maggie Byers is a second-year member of the Her Campus chapter at Youngstown State University. She writes about holiday trends, relationships, and entertainment (ranging from Taylor Swift to Harry Potter). Maggie is a campus employee and majors in Public and Professional Writing. When she’s not busy working or writing, she loves reading romance novels, listening to Broadway music, and exclusively wearing silver jewelry.