Where to Take Cute Instagram Pictures in TO this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

With fall coming to an end, you don’t want to miss your opportunity to take some cute photos around the city with your friends, family or significant other while the leaves are still colorful and falling! Check out my suggestions below on where to go around the city to get the best photos this season. Whether they end up on your Instagram feed or as a special keepsake for yourself, I’ve got you covered on a variety of options.

Parks

All the leaves are falling and changing colors so don’t pass up the opportunity for some classic seasonal photos. Parks are the best for gathering huge piles of leaves to throw or lay in. Put on a pretty fall dress or some dark wash jeans and you will have your Instagram feed looking super festive and make others jealous of how much you’re enjoying the season!

A post shared by ZARA PERTIWI (@zaracit) on

Farms

Grab your cutest outfit and get away from the city with your girl squad or significant other by going to a farm and doing all the fall festivities! It’s not fall until there’s a photo of you with a pumpkin on your feed. Take pictures in the corn maze, pumpkin patch, some haystacks, with the animals and any other fun things on your day out to a farm! Check out Downey’s Farm or Springridge Farm for location, price points and activities offered!

A post shared by ems ✌? (@emilyrogs) on

York University – Keele & Glendon Campus

Stuck at school studying for midterms? That’s okay, because there are some great places to take pictures on both campuses! There’s the classic Vari Hall lawn and fountain, or Campus Walk with all the leaves falling, making for lovely scenery in the back of your photos. Don’t forget about the lawn in front of the brand new student center! There’s also the Vari Hall rooftop, which is a great place to take sunset pictures while on campus. Glendon has some beautiful courtyards, gardens and scenery as well. The campus is usually quieter and smaller, making for a relaxing day to enjoy fall and taking all the pretty photos you want!

The only bad thing about fall is that it lasts for like a week ? Today I wanted to talk to you guys about premature greying!! I’ve been getting a lot of questions about it lately and I thought a whole post would be more helpful. Unfortunately, premature greying is mostly genetic, so there’s not a lot you can do about it. If your parents/grandparents went grey early, chances are that you will too. Your hair follicles contain pigment cells that produce melanin, so when your body stops producing them that’s when the hair turns grey. If it’s not a genetic problem, it could be due to your diet! It’s often a sign of vitamin B12 or protein deficiency. It could also be a sign of a thyroid disorder or anemia, so if you’re really concerned definitely make an appointment with your doctor. I hope this was helpful! Thank you to @yashabamoon for taking this beautiful photo! . . . #longhair #nontoxicbeauty #crueltyfree #longhairproblemsxo #fall #toronto #blogger #youtuber #greyhair #prematuregrey

A post shared by Hair By Anna ? (@longhairproblemsxo) on

A post shared by La Mode à Glendon (@lmg_gl) on

Scarborough Bluffs

Looking for a day trip getaway with some gorgeous scenery? Taking a trip to the Scarborough Bluffs is well worth the time! The view is stunning and the pictures turn out just as good. With no sight of the city, this is also a great location to take a break from the busy Toronto lifestyle and just enjoy fall while it’s still here.

A post shared by brooke (@ababbling_brooke) on

Cafes

Keep warm and cozy by staying inside if you don’t feel like baring the cold weather. Thankfully, cute fall pictures can still happen indoors! Wear a cozy sweater and pose with a pretty cup of coffee or a pastry. Bring your school work and make your Instagram picture session double as a study day. Check out the newly opened Central Cafe, designed and inspired by the TV show Friends, or stick to your favorite local cafe that never disappoints.  

A post shared by Katie (@katieballam) on

A post shared by A HAPPY BUNNY? (@chloercheung) on

I hope these suggestions helped you narrow down where to take your cute fall pictures around Toronto this season! With winter and snowfall fast approaching, now is the best time to take advantage of the pretty colors while they are still here. So this weekend don’t be afraid to grab your friends, camera and favorite fall outfit and take dozens of photos for your Instagram feed.

Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.