kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Summer 2018 Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Everyone needs a few summer items to give their summer the perfect kick-start. But are you on a budget? Don’t worry! These summer must-have items are on trend and perfect for a budget!

Statement Pants

Summer is the perfect season to incorporate some color into your wardrobe. The perfect way to add a bright pop of color is with some statement pants. Keep your outfit simple on the top so the pants really stand out!  

Fun Scrunchies

Spice up your hairstyles with a fun scrunchie. Tie it at the end of your braid or add it to your high ponytail. You can also make your scrunchie look super vintage depending on its color and texture. Wearing your hair in a half up half down style with a darker-colored scrunchie (deep purple even) would give you a totally summery vibe.     

Bumping Summer Playlist

Creating a summer playlist is the ultimate way to get in the “summer mood”, perfect for parties or beach lounging.

Cute Sandals

Every summer outfit needs a cute pair of summer sandals. There are so many fun sandals from Urban Outfitters and Forever 21 for great prices. Wearing a really vibrant pair of shoes can spice up any outfit with little to no effort.

Cute Summer Water Bottle/Cup

Staying hydrated over the summer is so important. Drinking your water in a cute cup makes it so much easier and more fun!

Retro Swimsuit

Retro swimwear is super in right now and perfect for looking cute while being comfortable on the beach. For some inspiration, check out this article by Cosmopolitan that features different styles, places and prices.

Fun Dangling Earrings

Statement earrings are the best way to give your outfit a unique look. H&M has cute and unique earring selections for affordable pricing.   

Ready to try something new this summer? Well, the perfect way to start is with something easy, like a new pair of earrings or a cute water bottle. Give it a try and see what you think!

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.