This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Need a soundtrack for this winter season? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Grab your headphones and get ready to add these songs that have a winter vibe to your playlist as you try to enjoy this upcoming cold, snowy season.

“Camden” by Gracie Abrams

Be warned, “Camden” is more of a sad, soft song with lyrics that will leave your heart aching, which may supplement your winter blues. So, if you ever need a good cry, this song is perfect for you.  

“Love to Keep Me Warm” by Laufey, dodie

Polar opposite to the former song, “Love to Keep Me Warm” will for sure keep you warm! It’s definitely a beautiful song with holiday season vibes to it and makes you want to dance with a loved one by the fireplace.

“ ‘tis the damn season” by Taylor Swift

https://open.spotify.com/track/4GBkffrtA51p17JH35irGA?si=a710a7694f204543

This is the perfect song for those going back to their hometown after being away studying at university.

“Snow On the Beach” by Taylor Swift ft. Lana Del Rey

Yes, another Taylor Swift song! If you’re falling like snow on the beach this chilly season (in other words, falling in love) then make sure you’re blasting this song. P.S. I don’t think snow on the beach is that weird, but it is beautiful.

“Bloom” by The Paper Kites

A bit of an oldie but a goodie, for sure. “Bloom” will make you feel warm and comfy as its sweet, lovely melody and lyrics captivate you. 

“Misfit Biscuit” by Wasia Project

I think this song has great vibes and the instrumentals always put me in a cheerful mood, even if the lyrics hit me personally.

“K.” by Cigarettes After Sex

Ending it off with “K.”, a song that, to me, feels like a cup of hot chocolate on a cold, frosty day.

Julie Vuong

York U '26

Julie Vuong is currently a first year BSc Psychology student at York University. On her spare time, she loves to read, write, listen to music, try new foods, and do origami for fun.