This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Have you ever had someone say to you, “I love your energy”? Very few of us stop to think about the profound nature of these commonplace expressions and idioms. In fact, not only is everything composed of energy, but we can sense on an deeper level (both primary and intuitively) that the energy we use daily varies substantially in terms of both amount and quality.

What are signs that you have a higher vibrant frequency than those around you? And what does that even mean? As I ended high school and made my way towards post-secondary, I found myself in moments dwelling on the past and being grateful for memories once created, but feeling more peace around me. The first sign of me feeling more at peace was distancing myself from those who had high negative energy. That said, having increased empathy and trying to feel positive constantly are emotions and signs you are a highly vibrational person.

When it comes to spirituality in and of itself, it stems highly from religion, but even then, just wanting to have a pure heart and doing better for yourself can be the main step into this. So what does having a “low” or “high” vibration feel like? Some people might hear this phrase and know nothing about what it means. When you have a low vibration, you tend to always feel stuck, never understanding what to do next. You struggle with uncaring attitudes and often become emotionally distant and reactive. When you have a high vibration, you are empathetic and very self-aware. You tend to be someone who is highly creative, and your mind overflows with different inspirations. You try your best to be emotionally balanced and feel gratitude for what you have in life. 

Here are some things that show you have a higher vibration…

Animals feel safe around you, people often stare or smile at you, children become drawn towards you, the room you enter gets crowded after feeling empty, strangers open up to you, and you’re often told life stories. Other people might get triggered by your light.

Ways to increase your energy into high vibrance are journaling, meditating, and even practicing ways to be more at peace. High-vibrational people are individuals who have learned to vibrate at a higher frequency through their actions and lifestyle. Having increased empathy, feeling positive emotions like joy and gratitude, and living mindfully are all signs you’re a high-vibrational person. 

You are a living energy field. Your body is composed of energy-producing particles, each of which is in constant motion. So, like everything and everyone else in the universe, you are vibrating and creating energy. The field of vibrational medicine, sometimes called energy medicine, seeks to use the vibrational energy generated by and around your body to optimize your health. To many people, the concept of energy fields in the body may sound more spiritual than medicinal. More research must be done to understand how electrical and magnetic energy in the body stimulate chemical processes. But there’s growing evidence that these energies can be used to influence your health outcomes.

So wherever you go and whatever you do, try to always channel your energy in the most positive ways possible.

My name is Lydia! I am university student studying Political science hoping to gain more insight and further a career in law. I currently play soccer and represent Toronto Fc unified roster team as well as partnering with Special Olympics Canada. I love reading, and my program particularly interests me from a writing perspective since I want to use this opportunity to obtain more experience. I intend to apply what I learn, along with the friendships and connections I make, to my future studies and other aspects of my life.