jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recipes You’re Guaranteed to FALL in Love With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Summer is great, but let’s be real — the warmth and comfort that comes with fall food absolutely cannot be beat. Here are just a few in-season recipes to try as soon as the leaves start changing colors.

Butternut Squash Carbonara

It’s hard to beat the flavor combination that is bacon, sage, and butternut squash. Throw some pasta in the mix and you’ve got a real winner. The perfect combination of autumn colours and aromas will have you making this receipt all year round! Click here to try out this great pasta dish!

Photo via Cooking Classy

Pumpkin French Toast and Freshly Whipped Pumpkin Butter

We’ve got nothing but love for pumpkin spice season. This french toast is sweet, perfectly spiced and topped with a swirl of homemade whipped pumpkin butter. Mmm… fall mornings just got a whole lot tastier! If you’re dying to try this recipe like I am click here!

Photo via Life Made Simple Bakes

Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats

This on-the-go breakfast couldn’t be easier. Just throw all the ingredients into a mason jar and mix them together at night. The next morning, breakfast will be ready to eat. Find out how to make it with this easy to follow video!

Photo via Jar Of Lemons

Spinach and Artichoke Mac ‘n’ Cheese

You love spinach-artichoke dip and you love mac and cheese, so it only makes sense that these two crowd-pleasers come together to make this luxurious fall dinner. Cozy nights call for piping hot bowls of mac ‘n’ cheese, and you can do way better than the boxed stuff. This is definitely a recipe of success! Click here for a step by step on how you can get your taste-buds jumping with joy!

Photo via Jean Schwarzwalder

Pumpkin Brownies

These brownies are loaded with sugar, butter, and chocolate—oh my gosh, the chocolate. These brownies are so rich and decadent, that you have to cut them into teeny tiny squares to not go into a sugar coma after eating one. These three layer pumpkin brownies are packed full of rich chocolate flavor and Fall festiveness. Serve them at your Halloween party! Full recipe available here!

Photo via wholefully

Fall is here and that means it’s time to wake up and smell the cinnamon and pumpkins! Let us know if you try any of these recipes  or even feel free to share some of your favourite fall recipes with us using by tagging us in your post and using the hashtag #HerCampusYorkU.

Facebook: Her Campus at York U         Instagram: @hcyorku Twitter: @HerCampusYorkU

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.