Hero Copy
Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

A Quote For You Based On Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Hello everyone!

Zodiac signs: some people swear by them, some people are not sure what they are and then there’s some people who lie in the middle. Those middle people know they exist however, they don’t let it dictate every step of their life. Take a moment to figure out your zodiac sign if you are not sure what it is. Under each heading in this article, the date ranges for each zodiac sign will be posted. Now, the simplest way to explain the zodiac signs is twelve 30° sectors of the ecliptic, which is the plane of Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Each 30° sector represents a zodiac sign. Below is a quote for every zodiac sign.

Aries; March 21-April 20

Aries are known to be the leaders of a group. They come off as the leader because they are
independent and have dynamic personalities. They are used to people following them, so when they
are told something they don’t like or don’t agree with they might not react with total maturity. As an
Aries, just remember that as independent as you feel, teamwork does not take away your
independence.

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller

Taurus; April 21-May 21

Taurus are known to be very loyal. If you are close with a Taurus they will always be there for you
when you need their support. They don’t want anyone they care for being hurt. However, loyalty being
such an important characteristic for them can also lead them to be slightly stubborn.

“Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be
manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart-the center of self-respect and human dignity. It
is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very
sensitive to betrayal.” – Maurice R. Franks

Gemini; May 22-June 21

Gemini is a sign that likes to communicate. They like to know what’s going on around them and with
the people around them. However, as much as they like to communicate they can be nervous and
inquisitive. This can lead them to not being the best communicators even though their natural instinct
is to want to communicate largely.

“I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what
you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice:
constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.” – Elon Musk

Cancer; June 22-July 22

Cancer is a very black and white sign. Their strength is being open and emotional, which can be very
inviting and heartwarming to people. However, they can also be very over-emotional with many
mood changes.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt
with the heart.” ― Helen Keller

Leo; July 23-August 21

Leo is very generous. They give everything they can. This can also be their downfall because they can
give till they have nothing more to give. They need to be able to give without it taking from themselves.

“That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all and yet you always feel as if it costs you
nothing.” — Simone de Beauvoir

Virgo; August 22-September 23

Virgo can be very intelligent. They put their all into whatever they do. However, they can also be
perfectionists and over-critical of themselves and others.

“People call me a perfectionist, but I’m not. I’m a rightist. I do something until it’s right, and then I
move on to the next thing.” ― James Cameron

Libra; September 24-October 23

Libra is a very sociable sign. They get along with people and make friends very easily. They are also
easy-going, which makes for a good companion to someone who likes to plan. However, in this nature,
they are also very easily influenced. So, in certain times and situations, the influence that they receive
may not always be positive.

“The first step towards true enlightenment is to lighten up on yourself.”― Bashar

Scorpio; October 24-November 22

Scorpio is a very determined sign. They are powerful and passionate about anything they want.
Because they are so determined, they may become compulsive around the decisions to be made about
what they’re determined about.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one
more time.” — Thomas A. Edison

Sagittarius; November 23-December 22

Sagittarius is a very optimistic and honest sign. They believe honesty is key: ‘honesty is the best
policy’. Their optimism can turn blind. They can try to hold onto their optimism in a time when they
should be allowed and free to feel other feelings. They need to know that they don’t always need to be
happy-go-lucky.

“Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been
planted.” — Christine Caine

Capricorn; December 23-January 20

Capricorn is a very realistic and practical sign. These are good qualities however, they may lead to a
Capricorn becoming pessimistic. Being practical can make them feel as if they shouldn’t have hope, but
remember having goals and hopes is positive and healthy.

“You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s
problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has
shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama

Aquarius; January 21-February 19

Aquarius are a very honest and loyal sign. If they make a promise to you it will be kept. They will
always be there for you in a time of need. They are also very independent, which can possibly turn into
being intractable.

“When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with
everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they
don’t stay your friend for very long.” – John Cena

Pisces; February 20-March 20

Pisces are very kind, but can also be very shy. This can lead them to be vaguer than they intend to
be. It can also lead to others perceiving them as secretive even if that’s not their intention.

“Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical
end.” – Scott Adams

Whether you follow and listen to your zodiac sign down to a tee or if you are just curious to know what your zodiac sign may mean, I hope you enjoyed this week’s article. Thank you for reading and I hope you have another amazing week!

Hi, Im Jaden! I am a Bachelor of Science Psychology major at York University. I love to read, write, workout and crochet.
Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!