This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Her Campus at York U is growing! Meet one of our new writers, Alexandra (Aley) Vesia! I asked her a couple questions to get to know her a little better, and I sure am glad I did!

Name: Alexandra (Aley) Vesia

Age: 21

Year of Study and Major: 4th year, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Cognitive Science. I am an executive of both the Philosophia Club and the Neurology Research Association Club at York.

Why did you choose to major in Psychology?

I wanted to help people. Now I realize I can only help people help themselves. I want to learn more about human nature and how I can better understand those around me. I’m learning that as human beings, we have a strong drive to connect with others and feel understood, cared for, and appreciated. I think that acknowledging these needs we have as human beings will equip me to be able to make a positive impact in my lifetime for humanity.”

How many siblings do you have?

I have two older brothers and one younger sister.

Do you have any special family traditions?

Every year we open our presents the night before Christmas. On each of my siblings birthdays, we all get a gift. We all have dinner together every Sunday.

Describe your family in one word:

Supportive

Do you have any hobbies?

I love yoga, tai chi, making bracelets, writing, reading, learning, socializing, hanging out with animals and SLEEPING!

How would your friends describe you?

Honest, kind-hearted, open-minded, spiritual hippie.

Celebrity crush?

Will Smith

Favourite food? Favourite spot to eat?

Bananas, chocolate, mangos, avocados. I love trying new food places, but right now I often go to Treats because the staff is so welcoming and they have healthy, yummy, vegetarian food options.

What are some of your aspirations in life?

I aspire to create a form of therapy that people can use to really support and assist in the healing process of humanity. There are a lot of people with a lot of issues that they feel a lack of ability in dealing with. I hope to show people and help them realize the power they have as creators in this universe. We are much stronger and more influential than we are often aware of. I hope to help expand this universal awareness.

What is your dream job?

My dream job includes deciding when and how I work. I’m thinking therapy is a field that I will devote some time towards. But overall I am not 100% sure just yet. After I finish my bachelors degree I am going to travel and discover more about the world and then make my decision.

Where do you picture yourself in 10 years?

I like to set expectations aside and see where upcoming moments will bring me.

Anything else you’d like to add?

I hope to show others the positive possibilities of this human existence. Just as we have a destructive force within us, we also have a very creative light force that can guide our path and lead humanity towards a harmonizing greatness.

All pictures are sourced directly from Aley Vesia.

Interested in joining a group of cool girls like Aley? Click one of our links below to contact us. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: york-u@hercampus.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.