My Thoughts on Cherishing the Process to Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

In a world where we are seeing everyone’s “success” on social media, it’s hard not to wonder when your time to succeed will be. You might think to yourself, “I’m still in school, I haven’t even graduated yet, everyone already has it all figured out, or I’m just not where I want to be in life yet.”

Photo by Deniz Göçmen 

Lately, however, I’ve realized that beauty lies in the process of getting where we want to be, and in order to get there, there are steps that we need to take. You don’t just wake up one morning and have everything handed to you. It takes work and seasons of experiences that are sometimes less than favorable. Nonetheless, these are seasons that are adding to your growth. 

That job that you are working right now that you hate is molding you and shaping you for the job you’ve dreamed of your whole life. The people that discourage you and tell you that you can’t make it have made you stronger. The battles that you fight behind closed doors are preparing you for every hit that comes your way. 

Photo by Karina Carvalho

I know it feels like everything is taking longer than it needs to and you have a vision in your head of how you want your life to turn out. You are tired of waiting and you just want to get there. But while you are waiting for whatever you define as success, remember that the process of getting there molds you for every win or defeat. You are becoming wiser, stronger and resilient. You are perfecting your craft day by day. There is also no timeline for success, so you can take your time.

Photo by Ryan Moreno 

So if you have days sometimes where you are frustrated and you wonder when your time is and find that you compare yourself to other people who seem to have it all figured out, remember that you are getting there. It’s simply not happening all at once. Most importantly, remind yourself of all the progress you have made in your life so far and how far you have come. 

The sky’s the limit for you and you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Just remember that the journey to success is always necessary and how you handle it determines your victory. Cherish the process to success.

Rainbowking com understand your needs and desires pretty well and this is why we have prepared ourselves that way and we guarantee that you will really enjoy fishing with us. Alaska Fishing Packages
Kaitlin is a bilingual (French and English) writer originating from friendly Thunder Bay. They are in their seventh year at York University, where they study professional writing with an emphasis on journalism. They live with their partner of nine years and their cat, Tessa. They started writing with a passion and a poem that eventually won third in a contest 12 years ago, and started editing not too long after. When not at the keyboard, Kaitlin can be found reading, cooking, playing video games, or holding Tessa. Their favorite movies are scary and their favorite television genre is reality. Kaitlin's passions include copyediting, anything scary or spooky and adding to her collection of dolls, magnets and cups. Their favorite part of writing/editing is giving others a chance to share their story or achieve their dreams and offering insight on "the little things." Some of Kaitlin's favorite topics reflect on their personal life, including health/disabilities, fringe topics and social issues.