This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

I just moved to Toronto a year ago, and the bakeries here are amazing! If you’re like me, having a sweet tooth is a weakness. With the variety of flavors available at these shops, you’ll have a problem deciding which one to bring home. From cookies to brownies, I’m here to tell you my favourite bakeries located in Toronto.

Craig’s Cookies

You may already know about Craig’s Cookies, but for those of you who don’t, this place is life changing. Located on 1537A Queen St. West, the types of cookies that they make are unique and amazing in their own way. The first cookie that I tried here are the Reese’s Cup chocolate chip cookies, where they put actual Reese’s Cups inside a cookie! The preparation of these cookies are top notch and I recommend getting  some after a long day at work or school. They also currently serve apple pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie chocolate chip cookies that are available till Thanksgiving.

Photo by Blog TO

Nova Era Bakery

Nova Era currently has seven locations here in Toronto. I always go to Nova Era for my birthday cakes where I can choose from a variety of flavors available like strawberry and mocha. They can style a cake for any occasion such as weddings and baby showers. The location on Bloor is my favourite because it’s designed like a cute little coffee shop where you can just go in and have a cookie with a cup of coffee.

Photo by Visit Ajax

Glory Hole Doughnuts

If you’re a huge doughnut lover, let me introduce you to Glory Hole Doughnuts. Located at 1956 Queen St. West, this doughnut shop creates unspeakable combinations. Owner and baker Ashley Jacot De Boinod made the city talk about her creative ideas. With flavors like fried chicken and maple bacon doughnuts, you can imagine what else she has up her sleeve.

Photo by Blog TO

Sweets From The Earth

Located on 234 Canarctic Dr. in North York, Sweets From Earth offers vegan and gluten-free baked goods. They have two separate facilities: one is dedicated to allergen free foods (such as nuts, dairy, and eggs) and the other includes allergens. I know people who have serious allergies or dietary concerns, so it’s good that there are now bakeries that offer delicious baked goods that can cater to those.

Photo by T.O.F.U.

Bunner’s Bakeshop

Bunner’s Bakeshop is another bakery that serves delicious vegan goods. The shop is on 3054 Dundas St West and it offers a variety of combos like creamies (cookies and cream sandwiches). With reasonable prices, Bunner’s delivers across the city with a flat rate. I’m not a vegan, but vegan bakeries are essentially good if you want to start a cleanse from sweets.

Photo by Blog TO

After a long week, you deserve to treat yourself! These bakeries give you a taste of satisfaction that will make you go back for more of their tasty treats. There are more amazing bakeries in Toronto, but these are definitely worth a try for your next sweet fix.

Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.