This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Today, you are going to read a bit about each star sign and how their personality traits may have an influence on their relationships. 

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Aries are a very bold and ambitious sign. Those who are Aries tend to strive to be the best at whatever they’re doing. They want to be on top, which leads to them also being very competitive. This can translate into relationships in both a negative or positive way. It can come off as arrogance or healthy competition. It would depend on the personality of the person they are in a relationship with.  

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Taurus is an earth sign, and their personalities definitely show it! They are usually very grounded and in touch with their feelings. They know when they need a little extra self-care. This can shine through in their relationships. Think of it as defusing the bomb before it goes off. They are very good at smoothing an issue out before it becomes an issue.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Gemini is a very loyal and  headstrong sign. Once they put their mind to something, that is what they do. They give their all or nothing. This is true for their relationships as well. If you have a Gemini’s love, you are either getting all of it or nothing at all. They are also curious and like to try out different things! This makes them an easy sign to get on with because they will most likely be open to trying new things.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Cancer is known to be a very protective and sensitive sign. Once you are in a Cancer’s life they will go to the end of the earth to protect you. They are also very sensitive which can mean that as tough as they may seem, they may also need a little extra reassurance. 

Leo (July 23 – August 27)

Leos are famously known to be very passionate and dramatic. This means that when you are in a relationship with a Leo, they will not only be very passionate about you but also passionate and dramatic about the things they do for you. Just know that you will always be part of the party when you are with a Leo.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Virgos are known to be a very practical sign. They are methodological and think things through. However, this can also lead to them being slight overthinkers. This can show through in their relationships as they may tend to overthink the small things in their relationship. 

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Extroverted and friendly, Libras have no problem at all meeting new people and becoming friends with them almost instantaneously. They are little social butterflies. This means that it is not hard for a Libra to find a relationship. However, due to their social and extroverted nature, they have to really vibe with the person they are with or else they might find themselves bored and look for adventure elsewhere. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Scorpios are a passionate and emotional sign. Though they don’t always show it, they feel all of their emotions very heavily. Whether it is happiness or sadness, they feel it in a strong way. This can affect a Scorpio up and down in a relationship because when things are going really good – they will feel really good for a Scorpio. However, if things are not going very well, they will feel this in a very intense way as well.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Those who fall under the Sagittarius sign are known to be adventurous and knowledgeable. Perhaps it is their adventurous nature that leads to them becoming very knowledgeable. Whatever it is, a Sagittarius needs a source of adventure. This rings true for their relationships as well. They don’t want to feel bored or stuck in a relationship. Therefore, they need a partner who is also willing to try and learn new things.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Due to a Capricorn’s ambitious and goal-oriented personality, they need something to be working towards. Being in a relationship for a Capricorn can especially mean more to them. They are not just in a relationship, for the sake of being in a relationship. If you are with a Capricorn, they see something in you and they want to try for the long haul. Don’t try to play around with a Capricorn.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 19)

Aquarius can be known as a very self-reliant sign. This means that they can get very comfortable being on their own, which is a good thing! Looking after themselves and getting into a one person routine sounds perfect to an Aquarius. However, this can work against them as well, as they might find it harder to open up in a relationship. As long as an Aquarius finds the right person that they feel comfortable opening up to and sharing their routines with, it will be magical!

Pisces (February 20 – March 20)

Sensitive and empathetic is a Pisces to a tee. They will always be there for you, and will unconsciously go through others’ feelings. This can be both helpful and harmful in a relationship. Helpful because their partner will feel supported and respected. However, the Pisces themself has to watch how much of themself they are giving away because sometimes you have to take care of your own mental health too. Pisces need people to be there for them as well.

Hi, Im Jaden! I am a Bachelor of Science Psychology major at York University. I love to read, write, workout and crochet.