This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Now that we are well into the holiday season, it means we probably have lots of parties to attend that are all for different occasions. Finding the right look for each party is a big task, especially if you don’t want to repeat outfits. This article will help give you lots of clothing variety, from stretchy pants to glittery dresses. For every party you can think of having to attend this season, we’ve got you covered.  

Work Party

Work parties are where you want to keep the outfit on the safe and more professional side, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t look cute. It’s possible to find cute stuff that isn’t too short or has a risque neckline that might go against work protocol. Dynamite has been my favorite place lately for having good quality professional work clothes that are super on trend. They are in the $$ price range, so you won’t have to shovel out too much for a romper or classic dress that can be worn many occasions after. Keep it sensible and dress it down with a flat or low-heeled boot, or dress it up with a classic pair of heels.

Cowl Neck Romper $59.95 from Dynamite

Utility Shirtdress $49.95 from Dynamite

Semi Formals

This is definitely the chance to go out and get fancy! I always love an event where I can go out and dress up in a nice outfit and wear high heels. Cocktail dresses are a go-to for these kinds of events, and you can never go wrong with having a fun sequin party dress in your closet repertoire. Whether you are taking a date or going solo with your friends to this event, your dress should say you’re here to party and have a fun time! If you’re willing to splurge, check out places like Urban Outfitters for the trendiest of trends, or M Boutique for an Instagram-worthy outfit! Pair it with tights and a teddy coat and you won’t have to freeze in your dress!

View this post on Instagram

Besties 4lyfe  tag your ride or die  #msgotit

A post shared by Shop M (@shop_mboutique) on

Ugly Sweater Party

If you don’t have the time or energy to go homemade, a store bought one might lose you points in creativity but it’ll get the job done. There are plenty of affordable ones that you can get, while still looking cute for all the pictures. You can take it a step further and even do a whole outfit, not just a sweater. Add some fun accessories like reindeer ears or a Santa hat to tie the look together and it will be a party to remember!

Sequin Mrs. Claus Ugly Christmas Knit Dress $39.99 on sale now for $20 from Urban Planet

Christmas Stocking Sweater $33.90 on sale now for $23.73 from Forever 21

Secret Santa with Friends

Secret Santa gift exchanges with your friends are always a fun night, and it’s one of  the best parts about the holidays. Open some wine and turn it into a photo op by wearing color coordinating outfits with your girl gang. You can keep this casual or a bit more dressed up if you want to wear skirts or dresses, totally up to you and your friends! It’s also a good chance to show off all your cute, new winter sweaters, but also just to spend quality time with the people you love. Get cozy with some pretty blankets, fuzzy socks or slippers, and the pictures will look like the ultimate chill girl party.

Fuzzy Crew Neck Sweater $34.95 from Garage

Turtleneck with Side Slits $49.95 from Dynamite

Holiday Dinner

There’s a good chance that you’re going to be eating lots of food, so wearing comfortable, stretchy clothes are going to be the best decision you make. Sadly, I don’t know how acceptable it is to wear sweats to your family gathering, so maybe go for a comfortable legging or a stylish jogger. You can never go wrong with flowy, wide leg pants with a stretchy waistband. Pair your comfy pants with a fancy sweater or shirt and it will definitely still be holiday appropriate. If you’re more for the traditional dress-up, a casual red or black dress is still fun and festive for the holidays!

High Rise Velour Culottes $29.95 from Garage

Recycled Wool Wide Leg Pants – Charcoal $119 from Frank And Oak

New Years Eve

Whether you are going out to a club or bar, or just having a lowkey night in with your friends, having the right outfit is important. I always think, this is the outfit I’m going to start a brand new year in, so I sure as hell better look good. Places like Sirens, Urban Planet, or Forever 21 are great to check out if you’re looking for a cheap one-time wear dress that you won’t have to worry about ruining with spills and stains from a wild night out. If you’re staying in, a skirt and sweater combo can never be too overdone during the holidays. It’s a bit more casual but you’ll still look great nonetheless.

Metallic Tulip Dress $29.90 from Forever 21

Faux-Wrap Crushed Velvet Skater Dress $24.99 on sale now for $12.50 from Urban Planet

There are so many look combinations out there this winter that definitely need to be tried out! I hoped this article gave you some major holiday outfit inspiration for all the parties you have coming up. Whether you can borrow from a friend, find something old in your closet and make it new, or go out and treat yourself to a new outfit, what we wear is just a fun part of getting in the holiday spirit. Winter seems like it’s just a time to wrap up in blankets and big sweaters, but it’s really the time to bare the cold with our fun mini skirts and sparkly dresses! I hope you’re the star of the room at your next party with your cute outfit, and happy holidays!

Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.