Her Campus Profile: Kiana Evans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Kiana is one of our awesome and talented new writers and editors at Her Campus York University! Keep reading and find out more interesting facts about her!

Name: Kiana Evans

Age: 22

Major and Year: Fourth year Dance, Kinesiology & Education major (or triple-major, I guess)

Her Campus Position: Writer & Editor

What songs have you completely memorized?

I love so many songs and my mind is like a sponge for lyrics so I couldn’t even say! Sometimes I listen to songs from when I was a kid and I can still remember all the words.

What’s your favorite food?

I make some bomb maple oat & chocolate chip banana bread and I’d say it’s probably my favourite thing to eat. It’s certified vegan and omnivore-approved.

What are three interesting facts about you?

I’m 19 years older than my sister. I’m biracial. I’m an artist.

What are the top three things you want to accomplish before you die? How close are you to accomplishing them?

I want to become a teacher. I want to travel around the world and visit each continent AT LEAST once.

What is the “holy grail” of your life?

Owning a hedgehog.

What are some small things that make your day better?

Music. Dancing. Children & animals (all of them). Plants. Cooking yummy food. Art.

How different was your life one year ago?

Waaaaaay different. I was a single omnivorous in-the-closet queer who barely cooked and barely lived.

What’s the best way to start the day?

Halfway through it (I’m not a morning person).

What do you consider to be your best find?

My partner and my vegan garlic dip recipe. Not together though.

What city would you most like to live in?

Probably Côte d’Azur, France.

Who inspires you to be better?

My mother, my partner, and the possible future me.

What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?

Getting good at adulting. I’m looking forward to moving in with my partner and figuring out our lives and starting a family and a career I love.

What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?

Hippie-esque vibes, nature yoga, plants, certain tattoos, volunteer trips to animal sanctuaries and stuff like that. Plus the entire definition of a Libra.

All photos courtesy of Kiana Evans.

Interested in joining a group of cool girls like Kiana? Click one of our links below to contact us. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: york-u@hercampus.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/

Full-time psychology student, part- time poet. In love with words since the age of 11. Enjoys expressing myself and talking about things that matter.
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.