Her Campus Profile: Dema Talib

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Dema is one of our amazing new writers here at Her Campus York University! Keep reading to find out more about her. Want to learn more about our other awesome team members? Check out our profile tag!

Name: Dema Talib

Her Campus Position: Writer

Hometown: Mississauga, ON

Age: 19

Major and year: Psychology, Year 2

Favorite quote: “and here you are living despite it all”

What’s your absolute dream job?

Being a doctor and being able to help others because that’s the closest and most beautiful connection anyone can have with a stranger.

Current favorite song?

Famous – French Montana

Best movie you’ve seen recently?

I, Tonya

What’s one beauty product you couldn’t live without?

Definitely “Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation” by Fenty Beauty

If you could switch places with any TV, movie, or book character, who would you choose and why?

I would switch with Bay Kennish from “Switched at Birth” because I’ve always wanted to learn sign language and being in her environment would be extremely cool!

What’s one thing you wish everyone knew about you?

That I’m very friendly and always willing to help anyone with pretty much anything

If you could have any one superpower, what would you choose and why?

Probably being able to hear other people’s thoughts, just to figure out how others think

Any hobbies you’d like to take up?

Salsa dancing! I already have the basics, but I would love to take them up to the next level

Your favorite phone app?

Snapchat

Top 3 YouTubers you’d recommend others check out?

Safiya Nygaard, Liza Koshy and Mikaela Long

We’re really happy to have someone as thoughtful as Dema on our team! If you’d like to join her and our other talented team members, click the ‘Join Us’ tab on our profile, or visit our Facebook page.

Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.