person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Her Campus Profile: Ami Kshatriya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The lovely Ami Kshatriya is one of our amazing team members here at Her Campus, keep reading to know more about her and what her definition of success is!

Name: Ami Kshatriya

Age: 19

Major and Year: Biomedical Sciences, Year 2

Position at Her Campus: Social Media General Member

Where do you most hope to visit?

In the future I hope to visit Iceland! It is one of the places I have always wanted to visit. The country is so beautiful and is filled with various landscapes. There are also many different adventures to go on!

If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be?

This is difficult to choose, but probably Mindy Kaling. I find her to be such an inspirational person and a hilarious actress! She can fit any role and I became a fan after watching The Mindy Project.

If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

I would want to become an expert on the brain since I find it so intriguing. There are so many parts of the brain that are unknown to us and all of its processes haven’t been figured out yet. Becoming an expert on the most complex part of our body would really be something!

For what would you be famous?

If I were to be famous, I would want it to be because I invented a new brand or clothing line. That would be pretty amazing.

What are your hobbies and how did you get into them?

My hobbies are photography and reading novels. I started enjoying photography in high school after taking a course, and ever since then it’s something I like to do in my leisure time. Reading has also been one of my favorite pass times, and it’s something I have been doing since I was young.

What was your favorite age growing up?

My favorite age was when I was around 15-16. I didn’t have as many responsibilities as I have now and I could do anything I wanted!

What is your definition of success?

Reaching that point in your life where you are happy and doing what you’ve always wanted. Also, pursuing a career that doesn’t feel like a burden, but something you feel you were meant to do all your life!

What’s one thing not a lot of people know about you?

I’m sometimes scared to take risks and try things outside my comfort zone.

All photos courtesy of Ami Kshatriya

Interested in joining a group of cool girls like Ami? Click one of our links below to contact us. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: york-u@hercampus.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/

Full-time psychology student, part- time poet. In love with words since the age of 11. Enjoys expressing myself and talking about things that matter.
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.