brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus Exec Profile: Courtney Ryckman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Meet Courtney, one of the fabulous women we have on our Exec Team! Courtney is our Social Media Director and she brings such a vibrant and fun energy to the team as she handles business making sure our social media pages are constantly being updated. From coming up with fun and creative posts to managing and scheduling content, get to know the woman behind our social media platforms below!

Name: Courtney Ryckman

Position: Social Media Director

Hometown: Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Major: Professional Writing

Age: 20

Celeb Crush: My Trinity is Joe Jonas, Brendon Urie and G-Eazy

Favourite Music: It varies from pop to funk to rap to punk to rock. Not into country, though.

What is your dream career?

I’m going to work in Public Relations, but publicity for a big name or company would be the dream. That’s what’s great about PR – there’s so many directions to go!

Why did you choose York U?

I chose York because even though I’d never been to the campus before, I felt a connection to the school. Something about it gave me a sense community, which I’ve since been able to find. York isn’t just school to me; it’s helped shape me into who I am today. At the beginning I was fairly nervous and kept to myself, but I’ve been able to meet incredible people through various activities here.

What’s one food you can’t stand?

Olives. The taste, the smell, the texture… I don’t want any of it.

What are three words your friends would use to describe you and why?

Stubborn, for one. I’m a person who likes to vent, but I don’t take advice as often as I should. Easy-going. I’m pretty much down for anything and everything, and I don’t tend to take things too seriously. What’s the point if you’re not enjoying yourself? They’d also describe me as loud. Whether it’s my hair colour, makeup, fashion, or even my voice sometimes, I like to be seen and heard by everybody.

Why did you want to join Her Campus York U?

In previous years, I haven’t been as involved with my school as I should have been. I love York, and I’m proud to be a Lion. Joining a club like Her Campus was a perfect fit for me, since I love the school, student expression, social media and consider myself to be a feminist.

It’s a Friday night, where would we find you?

Depends on the night! I might be working, doing an assignment, dancing at a club in downtown Toronto, or just hanging out and watching a movie or Friends reruns with my besties. I need to have a social night every weekend, though. Not having plans makes me antsy.

Favourite pizza toppings?

I’m vegan, so vegan cheese, tomato, bell peppers, zucchini and garlic. I’ve never had pineapple on pizza but I’m not opposed to trying it.

Here at Her Campus York U we are so thrilled to have Courtney as part of our Exec Team and we can’t wait to continue working with her. If you have a passion for social media and would like to join Her Campus York U message us through any one of our social media outlets!

Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.