This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

“Beauty That Doesn’t Break the Bank” is ColourPop’s motto and it’s completely true. ColourPop has high quality and affordable products. They pride themselves on having luxury yet inexpensive products that are cruelty-free and some of them are vegan! You’re sure to be happy when you receive products from ColourPop: not only do the products do what they say, but they also come in pretty packaging.

ColourPop does have a ton of products available on their websites and they’re constantly putting out new ones, so it can be pretty hard to choose what to buy. So, if you’re thinking about buying products from ColourPop but aren’t sure what to get, here’s your guide to their best products.

ColourPop x KathleenLights

Beauty YouTuber Kathleen Lights has collaborated with ColourPop on many occasions. The products she and ColourPop create are always fun, easy to use and of great quality. If you’re new to makeup, I recommend trying out her Dream Street palette. It’s the perfect eyeshadow palette for any beginner or for someone who’s looking for a palette with warm toned nudes and pops of color. It’s also a great palette to bring when traveling as it has all the colors you need. If you’re looking for a palette that’s a bit more fun and colorful then get the Zodiac palette, as it’ll make your astrology-loving heart very happy. If you’re looking for a comfortable pinky nude lip to wear, then try her Ultra Satin Lip in Aquarius or her Lippie Stix in Lumière.

Super Shock Highlighter

ColourPop’s Super Shock Highlighters are so pigmented and beautiful that it’s almost hard to believe that they’re only $8 USD. If you have really light skin or want an almost white highlight then try Over The Moon. If you’re looking for a more natural highlight then try Stole The Show. For darker skin tones, the silver champagne highlight in Spoon and icy bronze highlight in Some Like It Hot will make you very happy. For some fun highlights with glitters or holographic effects, try Spellbound, Hippo or Felicity.

Eyeshadow Palettes

ColourPop has an array of amazing eyeshadow palettes. Their palettes vary from small, medium and large sizes, and they have every color imaginable. You can literally get any color selection in any size, and they even have a “build your own palette” option. Looking for a warm neutral palette that’s perfect for travelling? Try their Give It To Me Straight palette. Looking for some cool toned neutrals? Check out the Fame palette. If you’re like me and you love pink and purple, try out the It’s My Pleasure palette, the Ooh La La! palette, or the ColourPop x Karrueche palette in SHE. But, if you’re just looking for a new palette that screams spring, then buy their newest spring launch, the very pretty Sweet Talk palette.

Ultra Glossy Lip

There’s nothing like ColourPop’s lip gloss formula. They’re comfortable, juicy and look amazing on lips. Plus, they have a lot of glosses that look beautiful on top of a lipstick. Some of my all time ColourPop glosses are ’Round Midnight, Head In The Clouds, Dreamaholic, Here’s 2 U, Snow Day and Bestie. With summer approaching, it’s the perfect time to replenish your gloss collection!

Jelly Much Eyeshadow

Cream and liquid eyeshadows have become more and more popular recently. However, it can be hard to find a perfect cream or liquid eyeshadow that’s pigmented and doesn’t flake off yet blends easily. Colourpop’s Jelly Much Shadows are super pigmented, don’t flake off and are super easy to swipe on your lid for a beautiful eye look. For pink shadows, try Close To You, No Rest For The Vivid, Ventura and Wavelength. If you’re looking for some blue or green jelly shadows, try Late BloomerHalf Moon, Bungalow or Into Focus. For a yellow or gold jelly shadow, try Wide Awake or PhotoSynth Sis.

Disney Villains Collection

This is one of ColourPop’s newest collection and it’s a hit! Each set is based off one Disney villain: there’s Ursula,Maleficent, Evil Queen, Dr. Facilier, Hades and Cruella. Each mini set comes with a Lux Lipstick, an Ultra Glossy Lip, and a Super Shock Highlighter. Not included in the mini sets are the Villains Jelly Much Shadows in Spindle,Perfectly Wretched, Cursed, Just Your Voice, I Own You and Not Today. This collection also has a very colorful shadow palette entitled Misunderstood and two Glitterally Obsessed glitters in Do I Look Like I Care and Anomaly.

Hopefully you’ll now have a better idea of what to buy from ColourPop. If you do purchase some of their products, you won’t be disappointed!

Melissa is a fifth-year student in Communications and Psychology at Glendon College (York University). She enjoys reading, writing, going shopping and watching reality television shows with her friends. Her dream is to work in entertainment PR and to live in London, England.   
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.